Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #151
Marek
Groupie
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbot View Post
Yes, but nothing occurs when I press it.
do the gesture

Last edited by Marek; 10-30-2023 at 11:43 AM.
Marek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 11:44 AM   #152
Marek
Groupie
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G.FreY View Post
@mergen3107, @Marek, thanks, I will wait for a new KOReader version.

Interesting thing, I canno't turn on bluetooth and wifi.

I've also come across an error in the logs of KUAL. Could this issue be somehow connected to the fact that I haven't registered my device yet?

Spoiler:
[FBInk] Unidentified Kindle device 2DK (0x9B3) [G002DK]!
[FBInk] [refresh_kindle] MXCFB_SEND_UPDATE: Interrupted system call!
[FBInk] [fbink_print] Failed to refresh the screen!
[CLI] Failed to print that string!
sh: write error: Broken pipe
;demo -> press yes -> you should be out of demo reinstall hotfix
Advert
Old 10-30-2023, 11:45 AM   #153
Marek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorCfm View Post
After a few attempts, I think it worked, because I can use KUAL, Koreader isn't working for me yet, I'll wait for new versions

I have a question, is it possible to leave the wifi on without Amazon updating the firmware?
or some way to block automatic updates,
It's happened in the past, my Kindle updated from 5.15 to 5.16.2 without me noticing

Thank you very much, I was waiting for the jailbreak for a long time
use renameotabin kual extension
Old 10-30-2023, 01:26 PM   #154
thejoker954
thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.thejoker954 is that somebody.

Device: 11th gen kindle
ok so I got everything working correctly, but I had to do it differently than the instructions.

Kindle 11th gen on 5.16.2.1.1

steps J1-j19 work as described.

on step j18 I pick chinese (the one above pseudot with 4 characters)

Step j19 system reboots and there is a log displayed while doing it.

now here things got funky.

after step J-19 reboot I'm back at step j3 (demo mode setup) instead of PJ-1 and it's still in english.

after redoing demo mode setup nothing really works including any of the searchbar command (;ubz ;demo etc)

so I have to reboot it manually.

after the manual reboot the searchbar commands work. and I can use ;ubz or ;demo to load the hotfix and install it.

after installing the hotfix the system is in a "broken" state. its cleaned up the files and removed demo mode, but it becomes a managed device so wifi and some other things don't work.

what I ended up doing is copying all the files/folders left after cleanup to a temp directory and then create a empty file named "DO_FACTORY_RESTORE" on the kindle and reboot.

this takes it out of the "managed device" mode. I then copied all the files back and everything is working as it should - still jailbroken and out of managed mode.
thejoker954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 02:01 PM   #155
JuniorCfm
JuniorCfm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
use renameotabin kual extension
After downloading some of my books from the Amazon store, I restarted the Kindle and the system automatically updated to 5.16.3.1,
Kual still appears but does not open, is there any way to return to the previous version?

renameotabin apparently this extension didn't work for me
JuniorCfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2023, 02:26 PM   #156
Jose
Jose began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 5th (8GB)
Quote:
After downloading some of my books from the Amazon store, I restarted the Kindle and the system automatically updated to 5.16.3.1,
I had the same problem, but it was with the "WatchThis" jailbreak. I forgot the wifi on and my Kindle sneakily updated to 5.16.3.1 while I was reading on KOReader. I still get the message ****jailbreak**** under the screen when I restart the Kindle, but neither the kual or hotfix are installed. I can only wait for the next Snapshots update or the next jailbreak and I'll definitely use renameotabin.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 03:25 PM   #157
Marek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I had the same problem, but it was with the "WatchThis" jailbreak. I forgot the wifi on and my Kindle sneakily updated to 5.16.3.1 while I was reading on KOReader. I still get the message ****jailbreak**** under the screen when I restart the Kindle, but neither the kual or hotfix are installed. I can only wait for the next Snapshots update or the next jailbreak and I'll definitely use renameotabin.
Have you tried installing my hotfix? If it still says jailbreak then you should be fine and can even downgrade
Old 10-30-2023, 03:33 PM   #158
JuniorCfm

Quote:
1.1/ you do not need to update, try the jailbreak and see if it works - if you can't get it to work then do update to 5.16.2.1 or 5.16.2.1.1 - make sure the ota is for your kindle
1.2/ yes this version is also fine

2/ Well i recommend registering your kindle after updating most things work better with it, for preventing ota there's renameota kual extension - and the jailbreak does survive updates (even tho things seem quite broken overall - mrpi didnt seem to work at all) - i unintentionally already tried that (thanks amazon..), - and there are ways to downgrade too - which i did.

How did you downgrade at this point?
What did you do for this?
Old 10-30-2023, 04:27 PM   #159
Jose

Quote:
Have you tried installing my hotfix? If it still says jailbreak then you should be fine and can even downgrade
Yes, but the hotfix installation fails. Maybe because the jailbreak methods are different? when I use ;log mrpi I don't get the "hush, little baby..." message, the kindle just goes blank and when it restarts the jailbreak message appears on the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2023_10_30T20_09_20+0000.png
Views:	176
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	204488   Click image for larger version

Name:	SGCAM_20231030.NIGHT.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	786.9 KB
ID:	204489  
Old 10-30-2023, 04:36 PM   #160
Marek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Yes, but the hotfix installation fails. Maybe because the jailbreak methods are different? when I use ;log mrpi I don't get the "hush, little baby..." message, the kindle just goes blank and when it restarts the jailbreak message appears on the screen.
As far as I know ;log runme should still work - you can run any script thus you should be able to run my jb script by renaming it to RUNME.sh and doing ;log runme that should install the keystone correctly (it's now in a squash file) and then you can replace your hotfix with mine too
Old 10-30-2023, 04:45 PM   #161
Marek
Groupie

Quote:
How did you downgrade at this point?
What did you do for this?
I used this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347165 just took the shell file that does the work and the version number from the menu.json copied the number into the shell script renamed it to RUNME.sh and followed the instructions just expect clicking a button in kual i did ;log runme
Old 10-30-2023, 05:33 PM   #162
james3clarke
james3clarke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I am using Kindle SE running 5.16.2.1.1.

I have managed to get to step 19 and the jailbreak runs but when it reboots I am given the demo registration again. Any ideas what I can be doing wrong?

I assumed I had done something so started again from there and when I click done on the sideload content option i get a kppmainappv2 error.

I have managed to get back to the main menu and restore to factory settings and reinstall the update to 5.16.2.1.1 but I am stuck now.
james3clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:40 PM   #163
Jose

Quote:
As far as I know ;log runme should still work - you can run any script thus you should be able to run my jb script by renaming it to RUNME.sh and doing ;log runme that should install the keystone correctly (it's now in a squash file) and then you can replace your hotfix with mine too
Thanks! I did that. I renamed the jb file to RUNME.sh and copied it to the Kindle. It returned a blank file called LanguageBreakRan and a log file:
Code:
LanguageBreak by Marek
It was the chinese all along.
big thanks to bluebotlabs, GeorgeYellow and Niluje
Loaded logging functions
I am root - uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
/etc/uks.sqsh - exists - replacing whole sqshfs
Got uks loop device at 
Added developer key :)
pubprodkey01.pem
pubprodkey02.pem
Updated permissions for new squashfs keystore
Enabled developer flag
Enabled mntus exec flag
Finished installing jailbreak!
But I keep getting the message "Update failed" when I try to install hotfix_languagebreak.bin
Old 10-30-2023, 06:55 PM   #164
JuniorCfm

Quote:
I used this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347165 just took the shell file that does the work and the version number from the menu.json copied the number into the shell script renamed it to RUNME.sh and followed the instructions just expect clicking a button in kual i did ;log runme
I think my kindle reset and I lost the jailbreak, these ;log commands are not working, I did something wrong
Old 10-30-2023, 07:05 PM   #165
Marek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3clarke View Post
I am using Kindle SE running 5.16.2.1.1.

I have managed to get to step 19 and the jailbreak runs but when it reboots I am given the demo registration again. Any ideas what I can be doing wrong?

I assumed I had done something so started again from there and when I click done on the sideload content option i get a kppmainappv2 error.

I have managed to get back to the main menu and restore to factory settings and reinstall the update to 5.16.2.1.1 but I am stuck now.
After you are in demo again just go to ;demo and resell device

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak