Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #151
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Can you send me a sample page to shop(at)justread.de?
I just did it. Thanks

(I've sent the same page in two image files, zipped. One in PNG format, the other in JPG. I couldn't find anywhere PNG support for this electronic reader, so I attached the JPG version as well, just in case.)
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #152
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
i might have my first own DR 1000S tomorrow. If it arrives on time, i can probably post a small video review on thursday.

That is great tribble. Thanks

We'll be eagerly awaiting your review.

I specially would like to hear about battery life...

PS: I guess there is not a chance you can do a "shoe test", right?

Too bad, everybody knows shoes are to readers what envelopes are to laptops....
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #153
ppxnouse
Connoisseur
ppxnouse began at the beginning.

Device: Gen3
Quote:
i might have my first own DR 1000S tomorrow. If it arrives on time, i can probably post a small video review on thursday.
Great. Can you also load some large technical PDF and comment on load time and page turning time please ?
Also bootup time will be very interesting...

Thank you
ppxnouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #154
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Please also include a MOBI file. I always use HarryT's Dickens, Charles: A Tale of Two Cities (Illustrated)., e.g. the screenshots in Mobipocket Font Switcher, but any MOBI will do.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:36 AM   #155
julang
julang began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
WOW! GREAT! tribble,could you test with a chinese font PDF or TXT?
julang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 02:52 AM   #156
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
And oh Tribble, can you send it to orbit and look if it still is readable?

No, seriously, I'd be interested to see the NEW contentlister, especially with the option "details" activated!

Oh you lucky one, Tribble!
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:54 AM   #157
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julang View Post
WOW! GREAT! tribble,could you test with a chinese font PDF or TXT?
Send me samples.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:57 AM   #158
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
And oh Tribble, can you send it to orbit and look if it still is readable?
Will do on my next trip to the ISS. But i am just back from my last, so it might take a while

Quote:
Oh you lucky one, Tribble!
That has been the main reason to become a reseller. To get the new gadgets a bit early. And see whats happening on that market.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #159
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Curious thing:

iRex Digital Reader 1000S - £469

the iLiad 2nd Edition - £449

for argument's sake - the same price.

Does this fact puts an end to an urban legend that the price of eInk readers is so high because it mostly depends on a very expensive eInk screen and the bigger screen the more expensive it is? Also one of the main points of why iRex iLiad is so much more expensive than any other 6" eInk readers, was that it had 8" screen which the most expensive part of the reader.

Now we have 8" vs 10.2" but the price is exactly the same....

Last edited by astra; 09-24-2008 at 07:07 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #160
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Tribble,

Please could you check out these things about the Mobi Reader:

1. Are bookmarks available?
2. Can you select different fonts in which to display the book?
3. Can the user upload their own fonts?
4. Can the cover picture of the book be displayed?
5. Is dictionary lookup available? How does it work? Can it be done on the version without the touch screen?

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #161
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Tribble,

Please could you check out these things about the Mobi Reader:

1. Are bookmarks available?
2. Can you select different fonts in which to display the book?
3. Can the user upload their own fonts?
4. Can the cover picture of the book be displayed?
5. Is dictionary lookup available? How does it work? Can it be done on the version without the touch screen?

Thanks!
One more point
6. Do page numbers work?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #162
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If it's using the standard Mobi "engine" then page numbers are going to work just as they do on all the other versions of the Mobi Reader. The iLiad has the "standard" Mobi page numbering behaviour, so there's no reason to suppose that this device won't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #163
Axelos
Axelos
Axelos began at the beginning.

Device: MDA Touch
New FAQ list on iRex site

I don't know whether you guys already noticed or not that irex has provided a new FAQ list concerning the Digital Reader
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=2859
Axelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #164
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Also one of the main points of why iRex iLiad is so much more expensive than any other 6" eInk readers, was that it had 8" screen which the most expensive part of the reader.

Now we have 8" vs 10.2" but the price is exactly the same....
I think it was more a matter of the 8" being a custom screen that caused the higher price, not necessarily just because it was larger. The 10.2" is also a custom screen.

The 8" screen also uses an entirely different display controller than the standard 6" screens. The 10.2" is using a modified version of the same controller that is in the 8". That's probably part of it too.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #165
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If it's using the standard Mobi "engine" then page numbers are going to work just as they do on all the other versions of the Mobi Reader. The iLiad has the "standard" Mobi page numbering behaviour, so there's no reason to suppose that this device won't.
Yeah, that's a bug that needs to be fixed by Mobipocket, not iRex. A new device/firmware isn't going to solve that issue.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote