Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #151
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh -- right. I'm mis-counting my commas! Whoops! I expected it to be added to the left two digits. Good thing I wasn't balancing my check book.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #152
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Oh -- right. I'm mis-counting my commas! Whoops! I expected it to be added to the left two digits. Good thing I wasn't balancing my check book.
This whole thing is way off. GtrsRGr8 quoted a figure of 1 billion and I'm only at a little over 86 million. I'm light years away from that number.
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #153
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This whole thing is way off. GtrsRGr8 quoted a figure of 1 billion and I'm only at a little over 86 million. I'm light years away from that number.
That person you quoted / pointed to has a very impressive karma number!! And yet, I've never seen his name! He must not hang around in the lounge portion of MR. Too busy elsewhere, I imagine.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:04 PM   #154
Wasgo
Connoisseur
Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wasgo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Another day, another $10 credit to Audible. I'm seeing reports of $10 credit using the code BUDGET2015. Doesn't work for me (likely because I took advantage of this last year), but you can try it out here.

Good luck!

skinmaan
It's a weird error message.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #155
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I got a message saying they were having trouble processing the request, so I used chat and the rep added $10 to my account. Yay!

Thanks, skinmaan.
Advert
Old 01-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #156
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Another day, another $10 credit to Audible. I'm seeing reports of $10 credit using the code BUDGET2015. Doesn't work for me (likely because I took advantage of this last year), but you can try it out here.

Good luck!

skinmaan
Anyone get it to work?

Haven't used this code, won't work on any family accounts.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #157
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We also have a short freebie from Downpour. If are interested in "A White Bible" by Tobias Wolf (30 minutes, read by Anthony Heald), you can get it for free for the next week here.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Thanks for the heads up. Will add to OP

FYI - if this promo doesn't work for you, either call or chat with CS and they'll manually add the $10. It didn't work for me, so I was able to get the $10 promo via chat.

Audible.com $10 Credit
Quote:
Audible offers a $10 Audible Credit for free via coupon code "BUDGET2015". That ties our mention from last week as the best free Audible.com credit deal we've seen. (We've seen a $10 credit several times before but only for new Audible members; this one is for everyone.) It's valid only for audio content; it can't be used for purchasing membership or gift cards. The credit expires 60 days after redemption.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 01-26-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #158
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
I did the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I got a message saying they were having trouble processing the request, so I used chat and the rep added $10 to my account. Yay!

Thanks, skinmaan.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:49 PM   #159
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post

Thanks, skinmaan.
I got the error message too - used chat & the rep gave me the $10. Thanks, Skinmaan & Catlady!

Old 01-26-2015, 08:52 PM   #160
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

There's a lengthy discussion about this BUDGET2015 promo over at Goodreads:
  • Ask Audible > Audible Offers: 2015 - January to March --> message 232
Old 01-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #161
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Thank you for the heads up on both counts... the ailing code and the fix (CALL AUDIBLE!).
Old 01-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #162
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
tubemonkey, when you get 1,000,000,000 in karma, will the counter reset to "0," like the automobile mileage indicator thingies in cars, or will it just continue to increase? ha
The word "came to" me: it's "odometer." The automobile mileage indicator thingie.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #163
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ack! Well, let's say 100,000,000.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #164
Jenga5238
Enthusiast
Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jenga5238 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle, iPhone
FYI - I just tried to use the BUDGET2015 code and it said "Sorry, due to the overwhelming success of this promotion, we have run out of awards! Check back for more offers." So apparently they're out - or they quit it since it wasn't working.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #165
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga5238 View Post
FYI - I just tried to use the BUDGET2015 code and it said "Sorry, due to the overwhelming success of this promotion, we have run out of awards! Check back for more offers." So apparently they're out - or they quit it since it wasn't working.
They're out. Promos like this don't last long.

FYI - for those who redeemed this offer, you have 60 days from that date to spend your $10.
Closed Thread