Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 01:15 AM   #151
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitbadger View Post
It may seem a little mercenary but i found this group whilst trying to find a solution for my frozen kobo glo. After numerous attempt to shut down and reset and factory reset my device it is still showing the last book i read on screen stating it is powered off.
I get the flashing white led but it soon switches off and the screen remains the same,
Are there any lines or artifacts on the screen?
Old 10-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #152
blinx514
blinx514 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I've sent both of you private messages with the link to my Glo image.
Kevin, can i get the image for kobo glo n613 too and the guide ?

thanks
Advert
Old 10-29-2015, 06:00 PM   #153
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent in reply to your other post.

Please, just ask once and give us some time to respond.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #154
Kitbadger
Kitbadger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Exclamation sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent in reply to your other post.

Please, just ask once and give us some time to respond.
I do appologize it was an accidental double post from my android tablet.
Sorry and thanks for the image
It didn't work so back to the drawing board.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:23 AM   #155
Kitbadger
Kitbadger began at the beginning.

Talking Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Are there any lines or artifacts on the screen?
Yes there are lines and some artifacts and it also seems like it was asking for a language like a factory reset but still has the cover of my book there as well!
If that points you in a new direction anything would help.
Thanks
Advert
Old 10-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #156
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitbadger View Post
Yes there are lines and some artifacts and it also seems like it was asking for a language like a factory reset but still has the cover of my book there as well!
If that points you in a new direction anything would help.
Thanks
I suggest posting a photo. Your answer points in the direction of a smashed screen, which would make it a was of time and effort playing with SD card images. The only way to be sure is to see it, though.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:37 AM   #157
Giannie
Giannie began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, you can have an image. But, you need to enable Personal Messages in your user profile. Then I can send you the link.
Hi David,

My Kobo Glo freezed. I cant get it started. Factory reset stucks at 'critical error'. Do you think your 'image" can be helpful?
Thx
Giannie
Old 12-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #158
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giannie View Post
My Kobo Glo freezed. I cant get it started. Factory reset stucks at 'critical error'. Do you think your 'image" can be helpful?
Yes, if it is having problems during the factory reset, I think the only thing to is restore an image. I'd probably try another SD card as well. Something like that makes me wonder if the card is faulty.

And I have sent a PM with the link.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #159
xter
xter began at the beginning.

Hey everyone,

as my reader doesn't start anymore (it shows the last book cover and the LED only turns blue for 5 seconds, when I turn the reader on) I'm looking for a SD-card image.

Can anybody send me a link to an working image für the kobo glo (N613)?
Thank you and sorry for my english.

Greetings from germany!
xter
Old 12-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #160
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

The light on for a few seconds and off usually means the battery isn't charged. Have you made sure it is? If so, have you tried a factory reset using the buttons? This is done by:

- Charging for at least an hour.
- Hold power switch in off position for at least 20 seconds
- Hold the light button down and turn on
- When the LED starts to flash, release the light button

If it doesn't work, repeat, but hold it a bit longer.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:05 PM   #161
xter

Hej,

thank you for your quick reply. I installed the image on a new SD card but ist still doesn't work. The blue light is shining for about 12 seconds when I hold the on/off switch for about one second (it doesn't come to life if I just tap the switch to the right) and when I charge it with a wall charger (is this the right word? ). But it refuses to start blinking - even with the new SD card and a factory reset.

Maybe the battery is dead? But why doesn't it start when its plugged in the power supply?

Thanks for your support!
xter
Old 12-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #162
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately, this could be a dead screen. The device might be booting OK, but the screen is broken and cannot display anything. You can test this by waiting for long enough for the boot to finish and turning the light on. You can also try plugging it into a computer and seeing if it is detected. The problem with that test is that you need to tap somewhere on the screen to do the connect. I'm not sure where that is after a factory reset.

As it is showing the last book cover, are there any defects? They usually show as lines across the screen. If you post a clear picture of the screen, we can have a look and see if there is anything obvious.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #163
xter

Hi,

thanks for your support.
Are you sure that the device is booting correct, if only a blue light is shining? My working Glo shows a blinking LED in green after the blue LED when it is starting.
The background light can't be turned on. The computer can't detect the device. I left it plugged to the wall charger for the whole night. I removed the battery and tried to start with only the wall charger plugged in. I left the device without energy (battery removed) for some hours. Nothing changes...

I attached a photo of the screen - for me it seems ok?

Greetings!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2847.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	494.4 KB
ID:	144693  
Old 12-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #164
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xter View Post
thanks for your support.
Are you sure that the device is booting correct, if only a blue light is shining? My working Glo shows a blinking LED in green after the blue LED when it is starting.
Just restarted my Glo, and you are right about the LED. The LED going off after a few seconds can be sign of a flat battery, but, if you have charged it, or started it while plugged in, this won't be the case.
Quote:
The background light can't be turned on. The computer can't detect the device. I left it plugged to the wall charger for the whole night. I removed the battery and tried to start with only the wall charger plugged in. I left the device without energy (battery removed) for some hours. Nothing changes...

I attached a photo of the screen - for me it seems ok?
I can't see anything on the screen that suggests it is broken.

It's beginning to sound like a problem elsewhere. The only things I can think of to try are:

- Reseat the SD card
- Replace the card and restore an image to it
- Check the cables for the screen
- Buy a Glo HD
Old 12-18-2015, 08:50 AM   #165
xter

Just to be sure I did it right - I just wrote the image you gave me on a new SD card with a Windows image program. After this it shows me in Linux three partitions.
Do I have to do anything else, maybe I overread something? Replacing the serial, changing the partions,...? The partitions seem to be identical with the original SD card.

At the moment I'm trying the third SD card...
Closed Thread