Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #151
bshort
Enthusiast
bshort began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 700p
I just got an email that my Reader has shipped. I ordered it on July 17th, and I got the email after 5pm EST today, the 27th.

Thanks,
-Brian
bshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #152
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What format do you get at Fictionwise that the Sony Reader supports? None of those listed seem to be for the Sony. Or do you do conversion magic?

BOb
You buy in LIT format, break the DRM with CLIT and then load it into Book Designer or use Lit2LRF to convert it to LRF format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #153
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Has anybody received theirs from SonyRewards? There has been some reports of them shipping refurbished units.
http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/745156/10964272#m10964272
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #154
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Just got a shipping confirmation this morning. I ordered my reader on the 16th of July. Looking forward to it getting here.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #155
hokie
hokie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader (PRS-500)
Cool Am I the first?!?

Guess what the UPS man dropped off at my door...yep! After getting an email yesterday, UPS Ground shows up with my eReader just a bit ago.

Details:

- It is the red box. I'm not sure if the red or the purple boxes are "newer." System requirements on the red box include Windows Vista, and the purple only say XP, so I assume these are newer than some retail.

- SN 45147. Not brand new from the 52xxx, but some at retail in the purple boxes that I've seen are in the 438xx.

- It is shipped from Sony's World Repair Parts Center. That's the basis for the assumption they're refurbed on fatwallet.com. I can discern no difference whatsoever. Same books included even.

- BTW, order placed 15 Jul; no idea why I got UPS.
hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #156
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Anecdotally, it sounds like they are running about 2 weeks. The site records my order as having been placed the 23rd(I placed it over the weekend), so I'll see if I have something next week Monday to report.
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 PM   #157
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I received my Sony reader today (1:45pm Central). It arrived by UPS. I didn't get a shipping tracking#. So I thought that meant it was arriving via USPS. So, I guess I will go ahead and register it today.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #158
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
refurbished? this is disgusting, wrongful advertisement
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #159
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Received my reader today!
It was waiting for me when I got home from work. It's the red box, but it says it came from Sony Electronics. No sign that it's a refurb.
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:30 AM   #160
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
refurbished? this is disgusting, wrongful advertisement
What makes you believe that your Reader is refurbished? Does it show signs of previous usage in any way?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:12 AM   #161
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
ref to eariler posts, mine still not arrived
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:52 AM   #162
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have read the earlier posts, and I'm a little puzzled. Why does the fact that it's been shipped from Sony's "Parts Center" make people believe them to be refurbished? Clearly the parts center must have a stock of new Readers to send out to customers who send in "terminally dead" machines for repair, don't you think?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:47 AM   #163
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
Received my reader today!
It was waiting for me when I got home from work. It's the red box, but it says it came from Sony Electronics. No sign that it's a refurb.
Same here. There's no way that it is refurbished. I thought that if a company sells you a refurbished anything, the item/box/invoice has to have a label or something stating so. Anyway, I have my spare and I am happy.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:08 PM   #164
Foxymoron
Foxymoron began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader, Ebookwise
My confirmation came late on Thursday afternoon and I received mine via UPS in Houston, TX. My preeeecious! :

Refurb. or not, it looks new to me.
Foxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM   #165
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
Has anyone else had trouble registering on the Sony Rewards website? I received my card from Chase a few days ago and activated it yesterday, but when I try to register on the Sony Rewards website, I get an error message that says:

"We do not have a record of your information in our database. Please call us at (877) 717-7669 to let us help you register or try again."

I've tried calling twice now. Once, I was told that I am registered and should just use the login info I use on the Chase website. That didn't work. So I called again and was told by someone at Sony that it might take 4 days for my information to be transferred into their system. Is that true? It's likely already been 4 days since Chase issued the card! Just wondering if anyone else had experience with this problem.

BTW, I've been lurking for a while, but assuming I ever get to order the Reader, I will be around and posting!
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote