Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-05-2023, 04:09 PM   #151
Pam R
Connoisseur
Pam R began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I have been using Adobe Digital editions for around 10 years now to store books on my laptop and transfer to my Kobo Clara as and when. It is a right buggy app. Could I download bookfusion and transfer all my library across? Would I then be able to drag and drop them onto the Kobo in the same way as I do with ADE. And is bookfusion smoother to use?

Thanks for any help
Pam R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 05:16 PM   #152
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam R View Post
I have been using Adobe Digital editions for around 10 years now to store books on my laptop and transfer to my Kobo Clara as and when. It is a right buggy app. Could I download bookfusion and transfer all my library across? Would I then be able to drag and drop them onto the Kobo in the same way as I do with ADE. And is bookfusion smoother to use?

Thanks for any help
No, you cannot use BookFusion to store and transfer to your Kobo.

You are best to use calibre to store and manage your eBook both on the computer and on the Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2023, 09:56 AM   #153
Pam R
Connoisseur
Pam R began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No, you cannot use BookFusion to store and transfer to your Kobo.

You are best to use calibre to store and manage your eBook both on the computer and on the Kobo.
Thanks very much for your reply. Very helpful.
Pam R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 10:44 AM   #154
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
@skillachie, please see the following post for a list of things that should be fixed.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=236
Thanks will head over and also address them.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 01:07 PM   #155
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Web Update: Saved Themes, Image/Area Highlights for EPUBs, QoL Improvements & Much Mo

We've been hard at work behind the scenes, bringing a wave of enhancements and fresh features to your beloved reading platform. Here's a peek at what's new and improved:

Area/Image Highlights in EPUBs

You can now make area/image highlights while reading EPUBs. This feature was already available for PDFs for the last 12 months. The Area/Image highlight functionality in EPUBs, allows you to easily highlight & annotate the entire image or only a particular section of that image.
Take it for a spin and let us know what you think. Coming to iOS and Android in November.

Saved Themes

You can now easily create and save your own reader themes/settings. Your custom reader themes/settings will be synchronized across both iOS devices & Web, allowing you to quickly selected your preferred setting with a single click. For those that have created custom themes/settings in iOS, you will notice that they are also now available in Web for you to quickly apply while reading.
Coming to Android later this year

Bulk Select/Update UI/UX Refresh

A new UI/UX for making bulk edit changes was just released. You can now easily select multiple books and make the following changes for all selected books at once
  • Tags
  • Language
  • Bookshelf
  • Series
  • Author
  • Categories
  • Visibility (privacy setting)

This allows you to more easily organize your eBooks regardless of the size of your collection.

Quality of Life (QoL) Improvements

We further refined your reading experience on Web by implementing the following improvements:
  • Display pages remaining in chapter
  • Allow returning to previous read position
  • Improvements to book covers (added blur, apply dark mode & others)
  • Show tags associated with highlight when editing notes
  • Providing a pleasurable reading experience is one of our priorities.

Branch/Social (in Beta)
We continue to make various improvements on the upcoming Branch, the social aspect of the platform that allows you to share your eBooks, notes, highlights & annotations and to facilitate discussions with friends and family. More at https://www.bookfusion.com/reading/branch. These updates are posted in the beta channel on Discord for those that are actively using this feature.

Fixes & Other Improvements

• Text color stays black when changing themes in some books
  • Fixed highlight order when exporting
  • Fixed sign in with Twitter/X
  • Other fixes

Web Items in Queue & Up Next
  • Obsidian Plugin
  • Notion Plugin
  • TTS support
  • Shared settings across all books

If interested you can check out the post on Reddit that include videos for each of the update points above at https://www.reddit.com/r/BookFusion/...ighlights_for/
Advert
Old 10-24-2023, 01:38 PM   #156
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found a bug in the page numbers. They are off by one because the last page of the chapter is labeled as last page and that's very very wrong. If there are 10 pages in the chapter, then the first page in the chapter should be page 10 and the last page should be page 1. This needs to be fixed.

And as long as this is being fixed, I suggest making an option to use Adobe Digital Editions page numbering.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:14 AM   #157
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
I found a bug in the page numbers. They are off by one because the last page of the chapter is labeled as last page and that's very very wrong. If there are 10 pages in the chapter, then the first page in the chapter should be page 10 and the last page should be page 1. This needs to be fixed.

And as long as this is being fixed, I suggest making an option to use Adobe Digital Editions page numbering.
Pages Remaining in Chapter

Took a quick look and the logic looks right.

As a result this is not a bug, unless it is specific to your EPUB which we can look at. You can't count the page in the number that is currently

Scenario: Chapter 1 has 10 pages

Current View(Chapter 1 Page 1): You are now on the first page of chapter 1, therefore 9 pages are left in chapter

Current View(Chapter 1 Page 2): You are now on the second page of chapter 1, therefore 8 pages are left in chapter

Current View(Chapter 1 Page 10): You are now on page 10 in Chapter 1. therefore Last Page in Chapter

Hope the above clears it up. The count is the amount of pages remaining in the chapter as you read.

RE: Adobe Digital Editions page numbering., remember we discussed a few pages back. We have the items in the poll to be completed first in addition to bugs and improvements reported. We will get to it but we take the following approach:

1)Prioritize fixing any bugs for existing features
2)Prioritize and release new features based on the number of requests(comments, support tickets, votes)

We will get to this task but not immediately. I will ensure once the mentioned items communicated in the last poll are done we reevaluate again with your request being an explicit item in the next 3 -5 additional new requests we have.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback and your understanding.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:20 PM   #158
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post

Took a quick look and the logic looks right.

As a result this is not a bug, unless it is specific to your EPUB which we can look at. You can't count the page in the number that is currently

Scenario: Chapter 1 has 10 pages

Current View(Chapter 1 Page 1): You are now on the first page of chapter 1, therefore 9 pages are left in chapter

Current View(Chapter 1 Page 2): You are now on the second page of chapter 1, therefore 8 pages are left in chapter

Current View(Chapter 1 Page 10): You are now on page 10 in Chapter 1. therefore Last Page in Chapter

Hope the above clears it up. The count is the amount of pages remaining in the chapter as you read.

RE: Adobe Digital Editions page numbering., remember we discussed a few pages back. We have the items in the poll to be completed first in addition to bugs and improvements reported. We will get to it but we take the following approach:

1)Prioritize fixing any bugs for existing features
2)Prioritize and release new features based on the number of requests(comments, support tickets, votes)

We will get to this task but not immediately. I will ensure once the mentioned items communicated in the last poll are done we reevaluate again with your request being an explicit item in the next 3 -5 additional new requests we have.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback and your understanding.
The logic to page numbers as they exist is all wrong. If I have a chapter that has 10 screens/pages, when I display the first page of the chapter, I have 10 pages to read. When I get to the last page of the chapter, I have 1 page left to read. So all the page numbers are off by 1 and the last page is 100% off. It's not last page, it's page 1.

So a 10 page chapter should how 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1 and no last page at all and it should not start with an incorrect one page less showing. This shows that the chapter is 9 pages as it is and that the last page doesn't count.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed. It's 10 pages left and not 9 pages left. I am not reading 9 pages in a 10 page chapter. The correct way is to show that the chapter has 10 pages and not 9 pages.

I would think this is a simple fix. Add 1 to the page numbers and dump the last page code.

1)Prioritize fixing any bugs for existing features - SO FIX THE EXISTING PAGE NUMBERS AS IT'S A MAJOR BUG!
Old 10-25-2023, 07:55 PM   #159
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
The logic to page numbers as they exist is all wrong. If I have a chapter that has 10 screens/pages, when I display the first page of the chapter, I have 10 pages to read. When I get to the last page of the chapter, I have 1 page left to read. So all the page numbers are off by 1 and the last page is 100% off. It's not last page, it's page 1.

So a 10 page chapter should how 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 ,1 and no last page at all and it should not start with an incorrect one page less showing. This shows that the chapter is 9 pages as it is and that the last page doesn't count.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed. It's 10 pages left and not 9 pages left. I am not reading 9 pages in a 10 page chapter. The correct way is to show that the chapter has 10 pages and not 9 pages.

I would think this is a simple fix. Add 1 to the page numbers and dump the last page code.

1)Prioritize fixing any bugs for existing features - SO FIX THE EXISTING PAGE NUMBERS AS IT'S A MAJOR BUG!
Hi JSWolf,

Thanks for your detailed explanation and feedback. However, I will break it down based on what we have observed in the industry. The logic you refer to is not used for Pages Remaining in Chapter but Total Pages in Chapter. They are two different metrics. They can be broken down as:
  • Pages Remaining in Chapter
  • Total Pages in Chapter

This simply let the reader know the number of pages left that are not currently displayed or being read.

Simple Example: If you have 10 fruits and you decide to start eating 1 out of 10 of the fruits then what you have left is 9 fruits remaining.

You cannot say you have 10 fruits remaining while eating 1 of the 10 fruits. The same logic applies to number of pages/screens.

Apple Books and others have implemented Pages Remaining in Chapter in this same manner. Feel free to investigate

Total Pages in Chapter

This will let the user know at all times where they are in reference to the total number of pages/screens in the chapter

Simple Example: If you have 10 fruits and you decide to start eating 1 out of 10 of the fruits. You want to know how much out of the 10 fruits you have already ate or start to eat then you are 1/10 , eat another and you are 2/10

This is the metric you might be use to seeing if you used Marvin, Yomu, Moon+ and others. However Marvin incorrectly used the word left when using the Total Pages in Chapter metric which could be where the confusion might be if you used Marvin primarily.

What we can do is implement Total Pages in Chapter as well. Where you can then tap on the section that currently displays Pages Remaining in Chapter to switch to Total Pages in Chapter metric.

In summary, our current implementation of Pages Remaining in Chapter is mathematically correct and is therefore not a bug and so won't update that implementation. However, we are more than willing to add Total Pages in Chapter to allow readers to toggle to that. Would that work for you?

Does the above explanation helps to clear this up?Is it clear that there are two different and distinct metrics?

Last edited by skillachie; 10-25-2023 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 10:32 PM   #160
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hi JSWolf,

Thanks for your detailed explanation and feedback. However, I will break it down based on what we have observed in the industry. The logic you refer to is not used for Pages Remaining in Chapter but Total Pages in Chapter. They are two different metrics. They can be broken down as:
  • Pages Remaining in Chapter
  • Total Pages in Chapter

This simply let the reader know the number of pages left that are not currently displayed or being read.

Simple Example: If you have 10 fruits and you decide to start eating 1 out of 10 of the fruits then what you have left is 9 fruits remaining.

You cannot say you have 10 fruits remaining while eating 1 of the 10 fruits. The same logic applies to number of pages/screens.

Apple Books and others have implemented Pages Remaining in Chapter in this same manner. Feel free to investigate

Total Pages in Chapter

This will let the user know at all times where they are in reference to the total number of pages/screens in the chapter

Simple Example: If you have 10 fruits and you decide to start eating 1 out of 10 of the fruits. You want to know how much out of the 10 fruits you have already ate or start to eat then you are 1/10 , eat another and you are 2/10

This is the metric you might be use to seeing if you used Marvin, Yomu, Moon+ and others. However Marvin incorrectly used the word left when using the Total Pages in Chapter metric which could be where the confusion might be if you used Marvin primarily.

What we can do is implement Total Pages in Chapter as well. Where you can then tap on the section that currently displays Pages Remaining in Chapter to switch to Total Pages in Chapter metric.

In summary, our current implementation of Pages Remaining in Chapter is mathematically correct and is therefore not a bug and so won't update that implementation. However, we are more than willing to add Total Pages in Chapter to allow readers to toggle to that. Would that work for you?

Does the above explanation helps to clear this up?Is it clear that there are two different and distinct metrics?
I get it that you don't understand. Take a pBook. Lets say there is a total of 50 pages, The first page you start reading is page 1 and the last page you read is page 50. The last page of a pBook is labeled as last page. So if you go to the last page of a pBook, you see how many pages there are.

In this case, I have a chapter that has 8 pages/screens. I do not have 7 as is shown. I have 8. The fruit analogy is wrong. 8 shows how many pages I have. I eat one fruit, and it's gone. I read one page and that page is still exists even if I've turned the page. When I am on the first page, I have 8 pages. When I am on the 2nd page of the chapter, I have 7 pages. Please understand this and fix it. What you could do is make it an option to have it so it displays the pages correctly and your incorrect way. When we turn the page to a new chapter, we should be seeing the exact number of pages we have to read to finish the chapter and not have it off by 1.

When I brought the very same issue up with Marvin, it was fixed.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-25-2023 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-25-2023, 11:02 PM   #161
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
I get it that you don't understand. Take a pBook. Lets say there is a total of 50 pages, The first page you start reading is page 1 and the last page you read is page 50. The last page of a pBook is labeled as last page. So if you go to the last page of a pBook, you see how many pages there are.

In this case, I have a chapter that has 8 pages/screens. I do not have 7 as is shown. I have 8. The fruit analogy is wrong. 8 shows how many pages I have. I eat one fruit, and it's gone. I read one page and that page is still exists even if I've turned the page. When I am on the first page, I have 8 pages. When I am on the 2nd page of the chapter, I have 7 pages. Please understand this and fix it. What you could do is make it an option to have it so it displays the pages correctly and your incorrect way. When we turn the page to a new chapter, we should be seeing the exact number of pages we have to read to finish the chapter and not have it off by 1.

When I brought the very same issue up with Marvin, it was fixed.

In your physical book example that is based on page numbers in the entire book not page numbers separated per chapter. Currently we display XX% as you read, however we will have global pagination and then it will also be able to show 1 of 50, 30 of 50, 50/50 and so on.

The fruit analogy was used to try to show the process of consumption but we could use the marbles. If I have 10 marbles in my hand and I put one in my pocket, there are only 9 remaining in my hand even though I have a total of 10 marbles. But in summary I see your point of view, just a different way to look at it.

Apple Books and others would also be wrong no? Our implementation was not based on a whim. We also had feedback from readers in Discord, Support tickets and Reddit. https://bookfusion.featureos.app/p/p...ing-in-chapter . Also, we are not the only ones with this implementation for pages remaining.

Do you have or see any other apps besides Marvin that chose to take this approach with pages remaining in chapter?

Total Pages in Chapter would provide you with the same metric you seek. Example 1/8, 2/8..8/8 in chapter. If that would be sufficient for you we can implement it. If not, unfortunately we won't be able to fulfill this request at this time and will need to wait for feedback from more readers.

If anyone else from the mobile read community wants to chime in that would help to aggregate this type of feedback.

Last edited by skillachie; 10-25-2023 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:22 AM   #162
skillachie
Addict

BookFusion Android 2.13.10 – PDF Area/Image Highlights, Faster Uploads, Fixes & More!

PDF Area/Image Highlights

Now you can easily make area/image highlights in all your PDFs. Easily annotate tables, images and other no-textual content in your PDFs while reading on any Android device.
  • Long press on images or other none text based content to create an area highlight using the icon from the selection toolbar
  • Area/Image highlights are synced between Web, Android and iOS
  • Easily Copy area/image highlights into your favorite note application without using exports
  • Export area/image highlights to CSV, Markdown, HTML & PDF
  • View these highlights from the dedicated highlights menu from the bookshelf

New Upload API

Files added to the Android app now uses our new upload api endpoint. This now allows your files to be uploaded much faster and seamlessly in the background.

Fixes

If you updated to 2.13.8 that was released earlier this week. Please upgrade to 2.13.10 to resolve some performance issues with 2.13.9 for area/image highlights in PDF.
  • Fixed the one page back bug' while restoring the reading position for some devices
  • Fixed crash that occurs sometimes when device is rotated while reading
  • Optimisation process for highlights list (freezing UI issue on opening)
  • Fixed crash that sometimes results when launching app on some devices
  • Updated the page remaining logic to work correctly for scroll mode
  • Fixed bug for color changing for highlight does not work in offline mode
  • Fixed highlights' sorting resets for some PDF books

You can view more about this update at https://www.reddit.com/r/BookFusion/...ge_highlights/.

or

https://blog.bookfusion.com/bookfusi...ds-fixes-more/
Old 10-27-2023, 04:01 PM   #163
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Don't take Jon too seriously. His attitude towards everybody is that you must agree with his one true opinion on everything.

IMHO having an option to display current page/total pages would be good, so the first page would be 1/8 and the final page would be 8/8, as you said in your last example. Unlike the "pages remaining" approach, this tells you both how much you've read and how much is left at the same time.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:13 PM   #164
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Don't take Jon too seriously. His attitude towards everybody is that you must agree with his one true opinion on everything.

IMHO having an option to display current page/total pages would be good, so the first page would be 1/8 and the final page would be 8/8, as you said in your last example. Unlike the "pages remaining" approach, this tells you both how much you've read and how much is left at the same time.
hehe no worries. I know he is just very passionate.

Thanks for sharing your input. I have added that item for us to complete. We also will have planned estimated remaining time hh:mm for that section as well.
Old 10-27-2023, 10:20 PM   #165
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
In your physical book example that is based on page numbers in the entire book not page numbers separated per chapter. Currently we display XX% as you read, however we will have global pagination and then it will also be able to show 1 of 50, 30 of 50, 50/50 and so on.

The fruit analogy was used to try to show the process of consumption but we could use the marbles. If I have 10 marbles in my hand and I put one in my pocket, there are only 9 remaining in my hand even though I have a total of 10 marbles. But in summary I see your point of view, just a different way to look at it.

Apple Books and others would also be wrong no? Our implementation was not based on a whim. We also had feedback from readers in Discord, Support tickets and Reddit. https://bookfusion.featureos.app/p/p...ing-in-chapter . Also, we are not the only ones with this implementation for pages remaining.

Do you have or see any other apps besides Marvin that chose to take this approach with pages remaining in chapter?

Total Pages in Chapter would provide you with the same metric you seek. Example 1/8, 2/8..8/8 in chapter. If that would be sufficient for you we can implement it. If not, unfortunately we won't be able to fulfill this request at this time and will need to wait for feedback from more readers.

If anyone else from the mobile read community wants to chime in that would help to aggregate this type of feedback.
Sure, give it a go with 1/8, 2, etc.

Marvin originally used page numbers like you do. A 10-page chapter was 9-0. That was wrong just as 9-last page is wrong. Same wrong. I was able to convince the author he was wrong and he did agree after I pointed it out.

Using your marbles example. You have 10 marbles. So you display the number 10. You take away one marble and you display the number 9. All the way until you have 1 marble left and you display the number 1. You take away the last marble and you either move to the next collection of marbles (next chapter) or you've run out of marbles (finished the book). It's the same as a 10-page chapter. You are displaying page 10 when you are on the first page of the chapter all the way down to the last page with is page 1.

Last page is wrong no matter how you look at it. You need to display the actual number of screens until you finally get around to implementing ADE page numbers. Then you'd have the best page numbers for eBooks that currently exist.

Another request is for full page numbers as well. If the book has 250 pages and I am on page 150 then I want to see that I am on 150/250. And no last page. 150 and 250 have to be accurate. Also, instead of % in the ToC, use page numbers. But again, they have to be accurate.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-27-2023 at 10:34 PM.