Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #151
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
That's not cool. I would had the party anyway just change the theme. No need for good food to go to waste. Amazon normally does give delay notices in advance. Someone drop the ball on this one. I'd be mad too.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:54 PM   #152
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
01-12-2015:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just ordered mine and see a shipping date of Thursday, May 14, 2015. Is this typical?
01-20-2015:
Quote:
Only 114 days and 32 minutes until my Echo arrives.
It has shipped! It should be here sometime Monday.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #153
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathinlady View Post
Finally got a reply and a $10 credit to my account. I have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from Amazon over the years and to be treated like this... Until I get my VERY much delayed orders..I have more than one, I will look elsewhere to spend my money. $10 did NOT cover cost of food for party. Yes, the 8 hour before party notice should have been at least a 24-48 hours.
I wonder if they have shipped ANY Echo's recently, IF not then they really should notify customers.
So the ONLY reason for the party was to show off the echo, which you weren't even sure would do what it claimed?

Interesting.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:13 AM   #154
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
01-12-2015:

01-20-2015:

It has shipped! It should be here sometime Monday.

Woohoo! I just bought a new bookcase for my Echo as I didn't have any where to put her in the new apartment. So happy to have her back! Enjoy your Echo. I love mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookshelf.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	137764  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:37 AM   #155
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice. I'm unsure where to put her when she arrives. I've thought about putting her in the kitchen, but I'll probably sit her atop the Clavinova in our bedroom. Yorick is already sitting there, and he'd probably appreciate the company.
Advert
Old 05-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #156
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Great news - Amazon added Prime Stations to Echo

Not sure when it was added, but I noticed it this morning on the "what's new" page.

to Amazon - would love to see Audible added next.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:42 AM   #157
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Yes, Audible!
Old 05-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #158
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I've not listened to Prime Stations. Can someone explain the verbiage I need to say to Alexa without going to a link and the sort of stations that are available? I'm a bit "out of pocket" at the moment.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #159
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Yay! Prime Stations!
Old 05-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #160
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I've not listened to Prime Stations. Can someone explain the verbiage I need to say to Alexa without going to a link and the sort of stations that are available? I'm a bit "out of pocket" at the moment.
You need to know the exact name of the station, so make a list of your favorites for reference.

Examples
  • Alexa, play "60's Rock" Prime Station
  • Alexa, play "Oldies" Prime Station
Old 05-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #161
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I'm now a full member of the club. She was playing some straight classical music for me; but she just decided she'd throw in some synthesized Mussorgsky.

As to the setup, I couldn't get it to sync with the app on my phone, so I did the setup on my iPad.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:56 PM   #162
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I'm now a full member of the club. She was playing some straight classical music for me; but she just decided she'd throw in some synthesized Mussorgsky.

As to the setup, I couldn't get it to sync with the app on my phone, so I did the setup on my iPad.
Welcome to the club

I'm listening to Prime Stations - 60s Rock. I'm glad PS was finally added.

Does your phone app work now?
Old 05-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #163
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I just thought of another feature I'd like to see added - the ability to identify songs like Shazam does. Anyway, I sent them a request for it.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #164
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I just thought of another feature I'd like to see added - the ability to identify songs like Shazam does. Anyway, I sent them a request for it.
Cortana does this quite well. Amazon Firefly is suppose to do this too.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #165
EZPuzzler
Connoisseur
EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EZPuzzler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Sony T2
Still waiting for mine. Ordered January 19, delivery expected between May 29, and July 6.

I found a new app that can work with the Echo to provide additional functionality. I am anxious to start playing.

http://blog.ifttt.com/post/117895146...-alexa-channel
EZPuzzler is offline   Reply With Quote