Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #136
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Maybe that was an automated reply. I'd email them back and ask.
I figured it was someone who didn't know what they were talking about lol so I e-mailed straight back. Got an e-mail through this morning apologising for the confusion and telling me my Kindle has now entered the shipping process & it is expected to ship by the August 27th release date. That's more like it Amazon!
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 AM   #137
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Well if all goes to plan I should have mine in a week and a half maximum. I'm hopping mine will ship before the 4th as I ordered right after the first cut off date.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #138
Starstryder
Starstryder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I went to check my order a little while ago and saw on the page "Shipping Soon", I just about did a back flip in excitement...as my husband would say "It's the simple things" lol, can't help it, my first ereader so understandably excited.
Starstryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:43 AM   #139
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstryder View Post
I went to check my order a little while ago and saw on the page "Shipping Soon", I just about did a back flip in excitement...as my husband would say "It's the simple things" lol, can't help it, my first ereader so understandably excited.
Yes it is exciting, and no less so even though this will be my 4th e-ink device. Took a few goes to suss out that the Kindle was best suited to my needs.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #140
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
No way

I don't believe the so called delivery notices everyone appears to have received. I ordered Jul 30, 2010, and my account still shows an estimated delivery date of Aug 31, 2010, for the cover and nothing for the K3.

I ordered from the US site.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #141
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstryder View Post
I went to check my order a little while ago and saw on the page "Shipping Soon"
Mine now says that too!

EDIT: I just checked my credit card and it has been charged for both the K3 WiFi and the cover. looks like it has either shipped or will ship soon!

Last edited by jswinden; 08-25-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #142
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi24 View Post
"This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed." YES!!!!

I ordered the Kindle Wi-Fi on the 29th (from Germany).
US but the same for me !
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #143
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
And my CC has been charged (pending charge anyway) as well.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #144
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
My K3 and lighted cover both say "shipping soon" and I cannot cancel or change the order. However, the delivery estimate is currently October 26th, 2010!
Since I ordered the day it was put up for pre-order, I just assume the date will correct itself when the item ships.

Since the original pre-order page said free two day shipping and "release day delivery", I assume many of us should be getting shipping notifications for the K3 sometime today.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #145
DianaB
Voracious Reader
DianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel isDianaB really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yes way

I ordered on July 28, and mine says "Shipping Soon. These items are being prepared for shipment, and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." I splurged on overnight shipping for $4, so should be getting it tomorrow!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #146
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I don't believe the so called delivery notices everyone appears to have received. I ordered Jul 30, 2010, and my account still shows an estimated delivery date of Aug 31, 2010, for the cover and nothing for the K3.

I ordered from the US site.
I ordered from the US before you did and I don't have a "shipping soon" either. *BUT* I live pretty close to an Amazon warehouse and a UPS hub - close enough that my UPS ground usually arrives within 2 days. So, they can cut it close and still get it to my door on time. I think that Amazon is shipping in a deliberate and organized manner and prioritizing based on delivery requirements.

I understand your anxiety (I've got the heartburn to prove it). We'll both feel better after our much-anticipated shipping confirmations pop up. It's great that others have their shipping notices (I'm only slightly jealous). It's a sign that our Kindles will soon be on their way.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #147
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No change on mine. *sniffle*
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #148
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
I ordered on July 30 and my lighted cover is "Shipping Soon" but no update on my Kindle yet. I'll be checking my order status repeatedly today for updates.
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #149
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
The F5 key on my browser is getting a bit of a kicking today!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #150
r0c
r0c began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
I ordered on July 28, and mine says "Shipping Soon. These items are being prepared for shipment, and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."
same for me. ordered on July 30th

Last edited by r0c; 08-25-2010 at 09:01 AM.
r0c is offline   Reply With Quote