Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2021, 04:25 AM   #136
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I wonder if the connectivity improvements for the newer hardware might've somehow detriment it for older.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:20 AM   #137
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Now that there exist seemingly some problems in implementing the KoboPatch, I realize how badly I'm missing it. So, it's an opportunity to thank all those who are participating in the development! I really appreciate!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2021, 10:09 AM   #138
xyclonei
Zealot
xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Now that there exist seemingly some problems in implementing the KoboPatch, I realize how badly I'm missing it. So, it's an opportunity to thank all those who are participating in the development! I really appreciate!
I used patches for 4.28.17925 as the base & took the sources from 4.28.18220 to patch my device.

Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobopatch_4.28.18220_unofficial.zip (6.49 MB, 251 views)

Last edited by xyclonei; 10-03-2021 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Removed expired link
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:31 AM   #139
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Since the most recent update, my Clara has actually connected to wifi every time I try to sync it! Hope this keeps up. It used to connect only about half the time and I would have to start over.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #140
jpirez
jpirez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Does it work it Kobopatch v71?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Firmware 4.28.18220 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
Does it work it Kobopatch v71?
jpirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2021, 01:02 PM   #141
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I've ordered some extra microUSBs for my big box o' cables so I'll be able to check if it's a cable issue once they arrive.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-29-2021 at 01:15 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:10 PM   #142
Rid
Addict
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Got some strange results today in a new book I have started reading in Darkmode. The tables that are .png files don't display correctly in dark mode, maybe about half of them at this stage.

When using inverted mode they display like they should. The first, third and fourth screenshots are in Darkmode. I am using an Aura One but maybe the way images are made could be an issue now too....?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Darkmode_error_001.png
Views:	202
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	189029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Invert_001.png
Views:	206
Size:	393.7 KB
ID:	189030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Darkmode_error_003.png
Views:	173
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	189031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Darkmode_002.png
Views:	190
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	189032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Invert_002.png
Views:	182
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	189033  
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:52 PM   #143
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Got some strange results today in a new book I have started reading in Darkmode. The tables that are .png files don't display correctly in dark mode, maybe about half of them at this stage.

When using inverted mode they display like they should. The first, third and fourth screenshots are in Darkmode. I am using an Aura One but maybe the way images are made could be an issue now too....?
Dark mode does not invert images as in your DarkMode_002.png image.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:28 PM   #144
Rid
Addict
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Dark mode does not invert images as in your DarkMode_002.png image.
Did a reboot and tested it again, that seems to be the result I am getting. Attached a screenshot with Darkmode off.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Darkmode_off_002.png
Views:	201
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	189036  
Old 08-30-2021, 11:38 PM   #145
Rid
Addict

@DNSB

Is it just me or does the screenshot (Darkmode_off_002.png) have a different colour background in the table than the text section below it? I cannot notice it in the ereader.

Last edited by Rid; 08-31-2021 at 12:03 AM. Reason: clarify which screenshot
Old 08-30-2021, 11:47 PM   #146
Rid
Addict

Here is a screenshot of Darkmode_error_001.png with Darkmode turned off.

Now it looks like the background colour in the table and the text section below it are the same?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Darkmode_off_001.png
Views:	169
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	189037  
Old 08-31-2021, 03:58 AM   #147
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post

Looking at these and the other screenshots, it seems to be a mix of different things. For example, the last page appears to be an image that happens to have what looks like a table in it. It looks like they are correctly displayed in the Dark mode and Inverted mode. But, the first two look like a table with images in it. Or maybe they are images with transparency. I have now idea how transparency would work in either mode.

It might be worthwhile to look at them in other readers. If you can use a PC reader and change the background and foreground colours, it might show what is happening.

To be sure what is happening, we'd need to see the books. Are there samples somewhere we can look at? Or otherwise legally get to look at them.

Last edited by davidfor; 08-31-2021 at 04:00 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:25 AM   #148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Looking at these and the other screenshots, it seems to be a mix of different things. For example, the last page appears to be an image that happens to have what looks like a table in it. It looks like they are correctly displayed in the Dark mode and Inverted mode. But, the first two look like a table with images in it. Or maybe they are images with transparency. I have now idea how transparency would work in either mode.

It might be worthwhile to look at them in other readers. If you can use a PC reader and change the background and foreground colours, it might show what is happening.

To be sure what is happening, we'd need to see the books. Are there samples somewhere we can look at? Or otherwise legally get to look at them.
The book in question is Double Life By S. Usher Evans. It is available at Kobo AU for $0.99.

https://www.kobo.com/au/en/ebook/double-life-14
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:17 AM   #149
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, there are pictures everywhere. Which are really not displayed in Dark Mode for some reason, because of the transparency.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Table.png
Views:	151
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	189038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Table2.png
Views:	149
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	189039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Table3.png
Views:	151
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	189040  

Last edited by Semwize; 08-31-2021 at 05:20 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:18 AM   #150
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The book in question is Double Life By S. Usher Evans. It is available at Kobo AU for $0.99.

https://www.kobo.com/au/en/ebook/double-life-14
As the first image is in the preview, I was able to look at it.

In that image, the background is transparent. As an experiment, I set the background colour for the style of the paragraph to green. When I viewed the page, the background of the image is green.

Putting that and an unchanged version on my Glo and trying both Invert Screen and Dark Mode, it worked about how I expected. The background colour was what was inverted in each case. Then the image with a transparent background was inverted. The transparent parts of the image were not inverted and remained transparent. In Dark Mode, the text disappeared because the image is not inverted, but, the background is. Which means it was black on black. The rest of the strangeness (only seeing the question mark and the x) are due to the colours chosen and how they are grey-scaled and then combined with the two modes.

And honestly, this sort of thing demonstrates to me why Kobo has been reluctant to do this. Getting it right is a nightmare. And then explaining why it is right is another nightmare.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release