Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #136
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Can you share your settings.json?
{
"libraryPath": "/mnt/onboard/.books",
"refreshEvery": 24,
"summarySize": 1,
"import": {
"unmountTrigger": true,
"allowedKinds": [
"fb2",
"epub",
"cbz",
"jpeg",
"png",
"djvu",
"html",
"jpg",
"pdf"
]
},
"frontlightLevels": 5.730337,
"frontlight": true,
"wifi": false
}

Last edited by libertango; 03-25-2018 at 01:00 PM.
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #137
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertango View Post
Code:
  "libraryPath": "/mnt/onboard/.books"
}
Can you provide the name of a directory in libraryPath that contains documents that aren't being imported?
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2018, 02:15 AM   #138
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOBO Libra + H2Ov2 + Aura2
Quote:
@gilali: Another test build.

Please try the two-finger swipe gestures (horizontal and vertical).
I'm sorry for the delay.
The fourth release is OK now with 1 finger :
browsing pages : OK
enable and disable frontlight by hold touching : OK

But i not managed to use 2 fingers gesture. Can you give me an example. I tried to increase or decrease size of cover inside epub : no success.
Thanks again.
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:50 AM   #139
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilali View Post
I did not manage to use 2 fingers gesture. Can you give me an example.
There is no two-finger specific bindings yet. I was just interested in knowing if a two-finger swipe is registered as such (in info.log).
Old 03-26-2018, 06:12 AM   #140
baskerville
Evangelist

I've released 0.3.7.

This release adds support for the Aura H₂O Edition 2. Thanks to gilali and PleasantKeming for testing.
Advert
Old 03-26-2018, 07:36 AM   #141
PleasantKeming
PleasantKeming began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Quote:
If there was a problem with the way I'm handling the raw touch events, I guess you would have perceived the effects, but I'd still appreciate if you could perform an horizontal and a vertical two-finger swipe gesture and provide the corresponding info.log.
plato_info_20180326T132930Z.txt

Hi Baskerville! I've attached the full info.log since starting the program right now. Here's what is on the log:
  1. Opening an epub
  2. Swiping from up to down with two fingers, then down to up, then repeating the process
  3. Swiping with two fingers left to right, then back, repeat

If there's more experimentation that needs to be done, eg. swiping with one finger, then two or three(?), i'll be happy to do it.

EDIT:
I went ahead and created another info.log doing these gestures:

Two-finger up->down swipe, then one-finger up->down swipe
Two-finger down->up swipe, then one-finger down->up swipe
Two-finger left->right swipe, then one-finger left->right swipe
Two-finger right->left swipe, then one-finger right->left swipe
Attachment 163081

Last edited by PleasantKeming; 03-26-2018 at 07:47 AM.
PleasantKeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:20 AM   #142
baskerville
Evangelist

Thanks PleasantKeming, it was enlightening. I'm afraid I've released 0.3.7 too early: there's still a bug.

Please try the attached build and post the resulting info.log.

I only need two gestures: an horizontal and a vertical two-finger swipe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-0.3.7-test.zip (2.48 MB, 191 views)
Old 03-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #143
PleasantKeming

Hi Baskerville! Sweet, I copied this build to my Kobo and tried the two-finger swipes:

2finger_horiz_swipe.txt
2finger_verti_swipe.txt

I have pulled the files with nc so they are cleaner and only have the gestures output in them.

I am "ricus" on Freenode, ping me there if you want to quickly reach me.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #144
baskerville
Evangelist

I've released 0.3.8.

This is just a quick bug fixing release.

@PleasantKeming: thanks for your help, everything should be working fine now, on your device.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #145
PleasantKeming

No problem! I wanted to send you more logs, but this time I don't get gestures output in info.log. Is this intentional? Anyway, the program acts more intuitively to swipes, good job!

Last edited by PleasantKeming; 03-26-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:15 PM   #146
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantKeming View Post
I wanted to send you more logs, but this time I don't get gestures output in info.log. Is this intentional?
It is, logging everything is only meaningful for test builds.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #147
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Can you provide the name of a directory in libraryPath that contains documents that aren't being imported?
I checked better, and the problem is different from what I said im my previous message.All the documents being imported are the ones in the /mnt/onboard directory. All those in /mnt/onboard/.books/ are not imported.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:44 AM   #148
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
All the documents being imported are the ones in the /mnt/onboard directory. All those in /mnt/onboard/.books/ are not imported.
It makes more sense: hidden files and directories are skipped, so if libraryPath is /mnt/onboard, then .books will be skipped.

I'm a bit puzzled, because the only explanation I can think of is that you've moved .metadata.json from /mnt/onboard to /mnt/onboard/.books?!

What you can do is rename or delete the .metadata.json file in libraryPath (while Plato isn't running): this will trigger a new import on launch. The list of imported documents is logged in info.log.

Last edited by baskerville; 03-28-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #149
libertango
Connoisseur

Quote:
It makes more sense: hidden files and directories are skipped, so if libraryPath is /mnt/onboard, then .adds will be skipped.
Confused. Do you mean .books ? Because this is the name my directory has.
If hidden directories are skipped this is a problem for me, because I don't want these files to be processed by nickel, and I use the same directory for the books I read with Koreader.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #150
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Confused. Do you mean .books ? Because this is the name my directory has.
If hidden directories are skipped this is a problem for me, because I don't want these files to be processed by nickel, and I use the same directory for the books I read with Koreader.
Yes I meant .books. Of course, .books will only be skipped if it is a descendant of libraryPath.