Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #136
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Bird Box by Josh Malerman is $1.99 (a Kindle Daily Deal).

https://www.amazon.com/Bird-Box-Nove...dp/B00FJ352U6/

Quote:
Written with the narrative tension of The Road and the exquisite terror of classic Stephen King, Bird Box is a propulsive, edge-of-your-seat horror thriller, set in an apocalyptic near-future world—a masterpiece of suspense from the brilliantly imaginative Josh Malerman.

Something is out there . . .

Something terrifying that must not be seen. One glimpse and a person is driven to deadly violence. No one knows what it is or where it came from.

Five years after it began, a handful of scattered survivors remain, including Malorie and her two young children. Living in an abandoned house near the river, she has dreamed of fleeing to a place where they might be safe. Now, that the boy and girl are four, it is time to go. But the journey ahead will be terrifying: twenty miles downriver in a rowboat—blindfolded—with nothing to rely on but her wits and the children’s trained ears. One wrong choice and they will die. And something is following them. But is it man, animal, or monster?
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 PM   #137
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I just bought all those books then remembered I have a $5 Amazon credit from Bing. Doh!
Give it to me. I'll use it!

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 01:19 PM   #138
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Give it to me. I'll use it!

Looks like I'll be using $2 of it on Bird Box.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:20 PM   #139
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
Bird Box by Josh Malerman is $1.99 (a Kindle Daily Deal).

https://www.amazon.com/Bird-Box-Nove...dp/B00FJ352U6/
Hey groovy! We just talked about Bird Box a few posts ago. I guess Josh was listening
Old 10-31-2017, 01:40 PM   #140
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Graham Masterton's Charnel House is a buck on Amazon. I haven't read Graham Masterton yet, but I have a slew of his books I've picked up on the cheap. The movie adaptation of his book The Manitou is a hoot.

Here's a synopsis of Charnel House: A desperate and terrified old man appears at the office of John Hyatt at the San Francisco Department of Sanitation with a chilling complaint. His house, Seymour Willis insists, is breathing. Hyatt suspects a rat infestation but the truth is worse. Much worse. An ancient demon out of darkest Native American folklore lives within the walls and floorboards of Willis’s home—an all-powerful malevolent being determined to break free and wreak havoc on the City by the Bay.
Advert
Old 10-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #141
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Graham Masterton's Charnel House is a buck on Amazon. I haven't read Graham Masterton yet, but I have a slew of his books I've picked up on the cheap. The movie adaptation of his book The Manitou is a hoot.

Here's a synopsis of Charnel House: A desperate and terrified old man appears at the office of John Hyatt at the San Francisco Department of Sanitation with a chilling complaint. His house, Seymour Willis insists, is breathing. Hyatt suspects a rat infestation but the truth is worse. Much worse. An ancient demon out of darkest Native American folklore lives within the walls and floorboards of Willis’s home—an all-powerful malevolent being determined to break free and wreak havoc on the City by the Bay.

I've only read, perhaps, two of his horror novels.

He was one of the 'Boom' of horror writers from the '80s.

Let me know if/when you decide to read one of his books.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 04:45 PM   #142
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I've only read, perhaps, two of his horror novels.

He was one of the 'Boom' of horror writers from the '80s.

Let me know if/when you decide to read one of his books.
Let's make it easy. I'll read Charnel House when I finish 12 Hours of Halloween.

Fun fact: Charnel House and The Manitou both appear to deal with a Native American haunting in the City By the Bay, being investigated by a disparate group that includes a shaman.

Fun fact 2: I now have two horror novels titled Charnel House.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #143
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

House of Bones by Dale Bailey is a dollar on Amazon. This has one of the best premises of a horror novel I've ever read: A billionaire hires five strangers to spend two weeks in an abandoned, high-rise urban housing project that even gang lords and crack dealers avoid. It's basically The Legend of Hell House taking place in Cabrini Green.

I read the book when it first came out as a paperback nearly fifteen years ago. Unfortunately, I remember the book just not being very good. But I always remembered the premise.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:01 PM   #144
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

More graham Masterton on sale at Amazon:

The Devil in Gray is $1.99: In a town where Confederate blood still flows, a serial killer is on the loose—one so evil he’s no longer human.

The Devils of D-Day is also $1.99: Unsealing the hatch of a rusty old WWII tank will unleash a demonic nightmare
Old 10-31-2017, 06:08 PM   #145
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Lovliest Dead by Ray Garton is $1.99 at Amazon: A family who have just lost their child inherit a haunted house in Eureka, California.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:13 PM   #146
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Not sure if this is horror or a thriller, but it sure sounds intriguing to me:

Crawlspace by Herbert Lieberman, $1.99 at Amazon: Albert and Alice Graves live a normal, if monotonous, domestic life. They’ve never had children; they spend their days tending to their home and enjoying their time together. One day, when the oil man, Richard, is refilling their furnace, Alice invites him to dinner, never suspecting that a casual act of charity will lead to a horrifying, morbid discovery in the crawlspace underneath their beloved house.

It was made into a movie in 1972 (not the Klaus Kinski movie I was thinking of though).
Old 11-01-2017, 02:42 PM   #147
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
$0.99 for 50 Movie Mad Scientist Collection (Digital Download) from Mill Creek Entertainment. They have apps on Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV. I bought this and installed & activated their channel on Roku and the films are now available for me to watch. However, the Roku app doesn't have a specific section for your account. You'll need to find the set in the 50 films set section and when you choose that set, the films will be available to watch.
NOTE: Before buying, you must first create a Mill Creek account and be sure you are logged in. Also, you can stream from their website but can't download the films. Quality is SD and admittedly it's not the greatest collection of films.

https://watch.millcreekent.com/produ...ie-collection?

Titles included:
THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN (1960) 57 min.
THE APE (1940) 62 min.
THE APE MAN (1943) 64 min.
ATOM AGE VAMPIRE (1960) 87 min.
THE ATOMIC BRAIN (1963) 65 min.
THE BLOODSUCKERS (1967) 88 min.
THE BOYS FROM BROOKLYN (1952) 74 min.
THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE (1962) 82 min.
THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI (1920) 67 min.
THE CORPSE VANISHES (1942) 64 min.
COUNTERBLAST (1948) 90 min.
CRIMSON (1973) 93 min.
DEAD MEN WALK (1943) 64 min.
DEATH WARMED UP (1984) 85 min.
THE DEVIL BAT (1940) 64 min.
DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE (1920) 67 min.
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (1973) 89 min.
THE DRUMS OF JEOPARDY (1931) 75 min.
EMBRYO (1976) 104 min.
FRANKENSTEIN '80 (1972) 85 min.
FROZEN ALIVE (1964) 75 min.
THE HEAD (1959) 97 min.
HORROR EXPRESS (1972) 90 min.
HOUSE OF THE LIVING DEAD (1974) 87 min.
I EAT YOUR SKIN (1971) 84 min.
INVASION OF THE BEE GIRLS (1973) 86 min.
THE KILLER SHREWS (1959) 69 min.
JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER (1966) 88 min.
KING OF THE ZOMBIES (1941) 67 min.
KONG ISLAND (1968) 85 min.
LADY FRANKENSTEIN (1971) 84 min.
THE LUCIFER COMPLEX (1978) 91 min.
THE MAD MONSTER (1942) 76 min.
MAN IN THE ATTIC (1953) 82 min.
MANIAC (1934) 51 min.
THE MANSTER (1959) 72 min.
MESA OF LOST WOMEN (1953) 69 min.
METAMORPHOSIS (1990) 90 min.
METROPOLIS (1927) 119 min.
THE MONSTER MAKER (1944) 64 min.
NIGHTMARE CASTLE (1965) 96 min.
PANIC (1982) 90 min.
THE PHANTOM CREEPS (1939) 78 min.
THE PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES (1955) 81 min.
THE REVENGE OF DOCTOR X (1970) 94 min.
SHADOW OF CHINATOWN (1936) 65 min.
SON OF INGAGI (1940) 61 min.
TEENAGE ZOMBIES (1960) 73 min.
TORTURE SHIP (1939) 57 min.
THE WASP WOMAN (1959) 73 min.
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:46 PM   #148
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
...admittedly it's not the greatest collection of films.

JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER (1966) 88 min.
I beg to differ, sir!
Old 11-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #149
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
X-link to the DRM-free thread for a new Humble Bundle:

Humble Book Bundle Multi-Genre Fiction presented by Night Shade Books contains an assortment of mainly sfnal titles, with a mix of novels and anthologies. There's specific horror stuff from editors Ellen Datlow and Ross Lockhart, and also horror-looking novels or collections from authors Pete Rawlik, Jeremy Robert Johnson, John Horner Jacobs, and Nick Mamatas. If you like the Cthulhu mythos, there are at least two Lovecraftian homage items in the lot.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #150
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
I beg to differ, sir!
Oh, come on, everyone knows the brain that wouldn't die is the stand out film there
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote