Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2021, 08:54 AM   #136
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Are you sure you're setting up the interface properly on your end? That vaguely looks like you're attempting to connect to a completely different machine .

(The sshd is the same, there's no reason it'd work over wifi but not usbnet ).
Ok my bad, it turns out I still had a different config for that IP from before

Another thing: htop doesn't show any processes, is that also just me?
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:44 AM   #137
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Ok my bad, it turns out I still had a different config for that IP from before

Another thing: htop doesn't show any processes, is that also just me?
That happened to me on my Glo HD last week. I had a chroot set up though. When I did get to the chroot shell prompt, it showed all processes with htop and out of the chroot, it showed nothing.
That was strange...
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2021, 12:14 PM   #138
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The default config is setup for a dark color theme (e.g., Solarized Dark). Things may be "invisible" in some configurations; try switching the color theme from within htop itself (F2 > Colors).

Extremely exotic (and/or broken) terminal emulators may exacerbate the issue, too (e.g., broken/missing terminfo). (Or stuff that blatantly lies about/break the TERM env var).

Anything xterm compatible should behave, though, and I don't recall any issues in pactice with common terminal emulators on *nix (pretty much all the things that identify as xterm, which is effectively nearly everything these days), macOS (iTerm, Terminal) & Windows (PuTTY).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-16-2021 at 12:18 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #139
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for the fast replies. I am using the regular linux terminal. It's not the colors though, I just tried all of them. I can see the text just fine but the processes list is empty. top works as expeted. Very strange

Last edited by OfficerAction; 01-16-2021 at 12:26 PM.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:24 PM   #140
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's... weird, but then there's something wonky going on with the tree view on Kobos since a few htop commits that I haven't had the time to look into...

Does it behave in list view? (F5).
Advert
Old 01-16-2021, 06:48 PM   #141
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Hmm, might be yet another O_PATH shenanigan because of stupidly old kernels.

I'll double-check... Soon(TM).
Old 01-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #142
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Hmm, might be yet another O_PATH shenanigan because of stupidly old kernels.

I'll double-check... Soon(TM).
Ah ... Could explain why it was working on my Libra (4.1) and not on my Glo HD (3.0.35+)
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #143
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, it'd be broken on kernels between 2.6.39 and roughly 3.6~3.12.

On Kobo, that means Mk. 6. (Mk. 5 is "safe" because it doesn't support O_PATH at all (2.6.35), and Mk. 7 is safe because it supports O_PATH everywhere. In between, O_PATH itself is supported in open, but breaks a number of fun and useful syscalls if they're fed an O_PATH fd).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-16-2021 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:12 PM   #144
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Okay, the latest round of updates should have fixed the htop issue on Mk. 6 (and a potentially similar one with libarchive).

Speaking of htop, sorting behaves properly again, too.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:07 AM   #145
nihilazo
nihilazo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Problems with ssh over usbnet

hi,
When I try and connect to SSH over wifi it works perfectly, but it's slow due to my poor wifi connection, so I'd like to use the USB network. When I toggle USBnet the device shows up on my (linux) PC as "ethernet connection 2" in networkmanager, and it shows a successful message on the kobo display.
This didn't work immediately so I manually added the 192.168.2.* addresses to this interface in networkmanager, and now I can ping my kobo over USB on 192.168.2.2.
However, if I try and SSH into the kobo over USB, I get a message "ssh root@192.168.2.2 port 22: connection refused". over wifi I can connect fine.
nihilazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:35 PM   #146
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If you're combining that with the SSH currently shipped with KOReader, keep in mind the port (2222) and such.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #147
nihilazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
If you're combining that with the SSH currently shipped with KOReader, keep in mind the port (2222) and such.
this is using the ssh that comes with the package, do I need to do something to run ssh on usb network after enabling it rather than wifi?
Old 02-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #148
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope, if it works over Wi-Fi, it works over USBNet.

Which would just imply NM screwed the pooch. I can't tell you much about that, I've never used NM, I just throw an ifconfig at it.

I'm not at my usual box right now, so I don't have it on hand, but the Kindle docs may help figure this out. Be warned that it's probably using a completely different subnet in the examples ^^.
The legacy Kindle docs should be using the same subnet, though, but the docs themselves may be less verbose .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-02-2021 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:47 PM   #149
nihilazo

Quote:
Nope, if it works over Wi-Fi, it works over USBNet.

Which would just imply NM screwed the pooch. I can't tell you much about that, I've never used NM, I just throw an ifconfig at it.

I'm not at my usual box right now, so I don't have it on hand, but the Kindle docs may help figure this out. Be warned that it's probably using a completely different subnet in the examples ^^.
The legacy Kindle docs should be using the same subnet, though, but the docs themselves may be less verbose .

I tried disabling NM and doing it manually with the ip command (arch considers ifconfig deprecated, but I used the equivalent commands) and I can ping 192.168.2.2 and get a response, which I then don't get if I turn off USBnet on the kobo (so I am assuming that means the kobo is responding to pings and visible on my USB network) however I still get a "connection refused" when trying to connect over SSH or telnet. I get the same if I try and connect to koreader's SSH over usbnet. (this is the same as what happened with NM). I've also tried running ssh as root and that also didn't change anything, so I'm really not sure what is going on here.
Old 02-03-2021, 12:34 AM   #150
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Is, per chance, you actual real network on the same subnet? Because that would screw things up...

Tags
ssh, telnet, tools