Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #136
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Is there an update file for the T62? I have the original T62, not B or C.
Exactly, I thought we have the original T62. the device name in build prop (ro.product.device) is "T62" not "T62C" or "T62B".
It turns out that it's T62C since the latest official update changes the device's name to "T62C" and I have not seen any updates for the original T62.

Also, I realized that T61B & T62B were released before T61C & T62C because I installed a "B" ROM and an IMG file(released in June 2014) and got the same result (Touch screen is not working).
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #137
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post
Exactly, I thought we have the original T62. the device name in build prop (ro.product.device) is "T62" not "T62C" or "T62B".
It turns out that it's T62C since the latest official update changes the device's name to "T62C" and I have not seen any updates for the original T62.

Also, I realized that T61B & T62B were released before T61C & T62C because I installed a "B" ROM and an IMG file(released in June 2014) and got the same result (Touch screen is not working).
Thanks!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #138
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Go 10.3, Boox Leaf 2
Quote:

Just to make sure I understand - this means that the T62C update works on an original T62 device, but the T62B update doesn't?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #139
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Just to make sure I understand - this means that the T62C update works on an original T62 device, but the T62B update doesn't?
Yes. Touch screen does not work after installing a "B" ROM (read previous posts). The same issue happened after I installed an old ROM (has the original name without B or C). The question is how can we determine the differences between "B" and "C" ? or Which one other users have ?

I guess most of the users bought their "C" devices from Bang Good.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #140
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes. Touch screen does not work after installing a "B" ROM (read previous posts). The same issue happened after I installed an old ROM (has the original name without B or C). The question is how can we determine the differences between "B" and "C" ? or Which one other users have ?

Thanks. That's what I thought.

Yes, I also bought my T62 from Bang Good.

Did you see any improvements or changes of any kind with this update? Others on this thread haven't seen any.
Advert
Old 12-28-2014, 04:41 PM   #141
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:

I got mine from Bang Good as well.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #142
soundchaser
soundchaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad 3rd gen, galaxy tab 8.4 pro,boyueT62
My devices is from BangGood as well.

Can any one provide me with t62c roms? The links i have found dont let me download it such as;

http://yun.baidu.com/wap/shareview?&...962497&third=0
soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #143
soundchaser
soundchaser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad 3rd gen, galaxy tab 8.4 pro,boyueT62
Quote:
Try to install T6xC IMG using RKBatchTool.

Does anyone has the T61B or T62B ?

I have posted their updates and the img file but I guess no one got them.
Thanks nightboy. If i get my hands any T62C IMG File I'll try that.
soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #144
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Moderator Notice

Members should not post links to unauthorised copies of software.

Repeat offenders will be suspended.

If it is an link to an authorised copy, please make this clear in your post.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #145
downeaster59
Wizard

So, I decided to make my life interesting, and I tried to install the T62C update from the OP on my device. Well, it has frozen at the little android icon with the nice snowflake-like design in his tummy! Moreover, adb doesn't recognize my device when connected to my laptop. What should my next step be?
Old 12-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #146
nightboy
Connoisseur

Important info: my friend bought a T62 device from BangGood but it is not a "C" device. I installed the T62C ROM to his device and it did not boot up. So, I installed a T62B ROM and it works. Thus, BangGood is not selling T61C & T62C only. T6xB & T6xC are both identical. I guess E653 is a "B" device(not sure) since the name of the t61b image file "Netherlands-Icarus-T61B-XVGA20140721.img"

Quote:
Thanks. That's what I thought.

Yes, I also bought my T62 from Bang Good.

Did you see any improvements or changes of any kind with this update? Others on this thread haven't seen any.
Many improvements made in the book reader app, better battery life & wifi driver fix. However, I don't use the default reader app and have not tested it.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #147
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Important info: my friend bought a T62 device from BangGood but it is not a "C" device. I installed the T62C ROM to his device and it did not boot up. So, I installed a T62B ROM and it works. Thus, BangGood is not selling T61C & T62C only. T6xB & T6xC are both identical. I guess E653 is a "B" device(not sure) since the name of the t61b image file "Netherlands-Icarus-T61B-XVGA20140721.img"
That seems to be what has happened to me. Trying to resolve my problem, I ran into two more. I followed your instructions in the OP and installed the driver. But, then I tried adb and it acted like it wasn't set up properly. I got the error that "adb" was an unrecognized command. I finally got adb working, but my device doesn't appear when I enter the "adb devices" command, and the RKBatch tool never responds when I follow the instructions there. Either I'm missing something (very possible), or my T62 just isn't talking to anyone!

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-31-2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: fixed QUOTE tags
Old 12-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #148
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
So, I decided to make my life interesting, and I tried to install the T62C update from the OP on my device. Well, it has frozen at the little android icon with the nice snowflake-like design in his tummy! Moreover, adb doesn't recognize my device when connected to my laptop. What should my next step be?
How did you install the T62C ROM ?
I had a similar experience when I tried to install a "C" ROM to my friend's "B" device. You can fix it in different ways without losing any data.
1) install "B" img using RKBatchTool.
2) install "B" system and boot partitions only using RKwinTools.
3) Linux or cygwin, rktools (system and boot partitions)

However, if you are using a win8 laptop, RKwinTools might not work. So, try RKBatchTool first(how to use it in the OP).
Old 12-31-2014, 02:59 PM   #149
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Quote:
That seems to be what has happened to me. Trying to resolve my problem, I ran into two more. I followed your instructions in the OP and installed the driver. But, then I tried adb and it acted like it wasn't set up properly. I got the error that "adb" was an unrecognized command. I finally got adb working, but my device doesn't appear when I enter the "adb devices" command, and the RKBatch tool never responds when I follow the instructions there. Either I'm missing something (very possible), or my T62 just isn't talking to anyone!
RKBatchtool should work. Make sure that your laptop's OS can recognize your device in download mode (Look at Device Manager after connecting your device in Download MODE).

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-31-2014 at 03:03 PM. Reason: fixed QUOTE tags
Old 12-31-2014, 03:10 PM   #150
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
RKBatchtool should work. Make sure that your laptop's OS can recognize your device in download mode (Look at Device Manager after connecting your device in Download MODE).
Okay, so is download mode when I hold the refresh button for several seconds before I connect my device with my laptop?

I may be having an adb problem, too. I have Minimal ADB and Fastboot installed on my laptop. Could that mess things up?