Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 05-13-2015, 01:41 PM   #136
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Good choice! Sennheiser makes good stuff.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #137
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
It's very annoying that the Sansa Clip Zip doesn't have any chapter jump features for Audible books. (Son unplugged mine and the thing played through to the end of the book!) So I am putting Audible back on my LG Volt.

Well maybe there is a way but I don't know how. The manual shows this but no photo with how to do it LOL

Audiobooks
1. Select between Audiobooks and Podcasts.
2. With Audiobooks, select from Audiobook List for desired audiobook.
3. Select between Chapters.
4. Playback screen will appear and Options button is available.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-23-2015 at 08:46 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #138
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You push down arrow on the clip when in a book and you scroll through the menu you want chapters on then use right and left to jump chapters
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #139
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You push down arrow on the clip when in a book and you scroll through the menu you want chapters on then use right and left to jump chapters
Thanks. I don't see a down arrow, but I did see how to jump from chapter to chapter.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:48 AM   #140
wirelesshead
wirelesshead began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
cheaper and better than the expensive ones

These cost less than $30 USD and sound as good or better than my iPhone ones or Shure ones. they come in a bunch of colors too. http://soundpeatsqy7review.com/soundpeatsqy7tl
wirelesshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2015, 08:08 AM   #141
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelesshead View Post
These cost less than $30 USD and sound as good or better than my iPhone ones or Shure ones. they come in a bunch of colors too. http://soundpeatsqy7review.com/soundpeatsqy7tl

How are they for speech? I've found many Bluetooth headphones to be heavily weighted toward the bass end of the spectrum. Great, I suppose, for much modern popular music; not so great for audiobooks.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:05 PM   #142
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
How are they for speech? I've found many Bluetooth headphones to be heavily weighted toward the bass end of the spectrum. Great, I suppose, for much modern popular music; not so great for audiobooks.
I have a pair of those that I use at the gym, so I've only ever used them for music (but I will happily listen to a book on them later tonight, if you want details!). One of the main drawbacks I've noticed with them is that they are not quite as noise cancelling as my other headphones are, which in a noisy environment means I have to turn the music up quite a bit to shut out the noise around me. That said, they are comfortable enough, do not fall out easily - not at the gym at least - and they have good battery life and are easy to use.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #143
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I have a pair of those that I use at the gym, so I've only ever used them for music (but I will happily listen to a book on them later tonight, if you want details!)....
Please do. Having a high-frequency hearing loss, I find I often have to turn up the treble and turn down the bass in order to hear speech properly. So many of the ear buds I've used are tuned just the opposite.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:58 PM   #144
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

These are as well. I used the audible app on my phone and listened to a couple of books, and without a good equalizer on the phone to change the earphone settings to turn treble up and bass down, I had to turn volume up higher than usual to hear the books clearly.

These are more than serviceable for music... but not for books. Not for me.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:03 AM   #145
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Thanks, Scaly. I almost hit the "buy" button yesterday, now I'm glad I didn't.
Old 11-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #146
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Glad I could help
Old 12-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #147
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I bought the Soundpeats Q2 Mini for $9.99 at Amazon. They just got here and works great. Battery life is 6 hours. Not good for calls as microphone is junk but range is good I can now go to the bathroom or kitchen without wires. I can shake my head and they stay put. I got two one for me and one for hubby.

If your looking for cheap Bluetooth that pairs with two devices give these a try. Audio is good and music is decent if you aren't super picky.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #148
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
My Sennheiser earbuds aren't working after just under a year. I started having the sound cut out completely, or else sound on only one side. I thought the problem was with the Clip Sport, as I've never had earbuds stop working properly unless the wires broke, but it's the stupid earbuds.

They are under warranty, but what really annoys me is that Sennheiser wants me to first return the defective earbuds before they'll send out a replacement. Usually when I've needed an in-warranty replacement for a product, the company sends me the replacement and tells me to ship the defective product back in the same package.

Sennheiser also insisted that I request the replacement online--they would not take the info when I called.

I'm not inclined to buy another Sennheiser product.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:59 PM   #149
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
My Sennheiser earbuds aren't working after just under a year. I started having the sound cut out completely, or else sound on only one side. I thought the problem was with the Clip Sport, as I've never had earbuds stop working properly unless the wires broke, but it's the stupid earbuds.

They are under warranty, but what really annoys me is that Sennheiser wants me to first return the defective earbuds before they'll send out a replacement. Usually when I've needed an in-warranty replacement for a product, the company sends me the replacement and tells me to ship the defective product back in the same package.

Sennheiser also insisted that I request the replacement online--they would not take the info when I called.

I'm not inclined to buy another Sennheiser product.
I know you don't like in-ear earbuds, but I use these; they're comfortable, wear like iron, and are dirt cheap. I'm no audiophile, but they sound fine to me - far better than my other cheap earbuds. They certainly seem more than adequate for audiobooks, which is all I listen to.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:01 PM   #150
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I also prefer a good pair of earbuds, but finding that people often want to engage me in conversation when I go walking, and I can't wear both earbuds and hearing aids together, Ive taken to wearing these Bluetooth headphones. I find them to be quite adequate, but they're not noise-cancelling. Translation: I wouldn't recommend wearing them while mowing grass.