Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #136
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
Hi tatung2112:
Here are 2 Dict EV and VE i have convert, it have break line
EV:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1n...ew?usp=sharing

VE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1n...ew?usp=sharing

I'm runing FW 3.12.1
And i have edit libnickel

<patch>
name=Library Books, Title (Glo etc.)
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=D842D4
oldpart=* {\n\tfont-family: Georgia;\n\tfont-style: italic;\n}\n\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tfont-size: 36px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=*[qApp_deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tfont-size: 28px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n\tfont-style: normal;\n\tfont-size: 25px;\n\tqproperty-forceLeading: 5;\n}
newpart=* {\n\tfont-family: Arial;\n\tfont-style: italic;\n}\n\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceCodeName="dragon"] {\n\tfont-size: 46px;\n}\n\n
newpart=*[qApp_deviceCodeName="phoenix"] {\n\tfont-size: 38px;\n}\n\n
newpart=[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n\tfont-family: A-OTF Gothic MB101 Pr6N;\n\tfont-style: normal;\n\tfont-size: 25px;\n\tqproperty-forceLeading: 5;\n}
combineparts
</patch>

Title is ok now, but Author is not ok. Continue working...

Thanks You!
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt (512.5 KB, 225 views)
File Type: txt nickel.txt (12.0 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-10-2015 at 10:30 PM.
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:47 PM   #137
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast

Update.
Today i have edit all font in the lib-nickel, like that

newpart=* {\n\tfont-family: Arial;\n\tfont-style: italic;\n}\n\n

and now all Title, author, search, dict...vv view in the Arial font (Unicode font - so it can view Vietnamese )

I'm runing FW 3.12.1

And here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150411_10_50_35_Pro.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	471.0 KB
ID:	137089   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150411_10_50_03_Pro.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	372.7 KB
ID:	137090   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150411_10_49_28_Pro.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	371.8 KB
ID:	137091   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150411_11_04_38_Pro.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	496.1 KB
ID:	137092  
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt (511.6 KB, 220 views)
File Type: txt nickel.txt (12.0 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-11-2015 at 12:08 AM.
Advert
Old 04-11-2015, 12:47 AM   #138
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast

Hi, New files are here (I have replace all fonts: Avenir
Georgia
in the newpart by font Arial

If you like another font, you can Find and Replace (Arial by another)

PS: It still some where need to replace to complete Arial. But i think 99% are Arial
Attached Files
File Type: txt libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt (511.4 KB, 248 views)
File Type: txt nickel.txt (12.0 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 04-11-2015 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #139
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Cf. this post for instructions, but read "3.14.0" instead of "3.12.0"
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher12_3.14.0.zip (492.8 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by tshering; 04-23-2015 at 02:27 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #140
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Hi tshering,

Is it possible to have the patch for v.3.15.0?

I've tried, but I failed. :-(
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #141
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.15.0

Cf. this post for instructions, but read "3.15.0" instead of "3.12.0"

This time I changed some values for the inline dictionary panel too. Most critical are words that are located roughly halfway between top and bottom. If words in such a position are selected the selection circles, or the annotation/search/share panel tend to be hidden by the enlarged dictionary panel. If the circles are hidden, you can make them accessible by touching the annotation/search/share panel (cf. screen_002.png, screen_003.png). If the annotation/search/share panel is hidden you can make it accessible by touching the left circle (cf. screen_004.png, screen_005.png).
If you need to change the height of the inline dictionary panel and its text field, look for #InlineDictionaryView in nickel.txt, and for #textEdit in libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt.

I attach also the patch files in Metazoa style (mbe_3.15.0_mz-style.zip). Be aware that not all patches of the regular package are covered by them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	550
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	138255   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	532
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	138256   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_003.png
Views:	452
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	138257   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_004.png
Views:	475
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	138258   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_005.png
Views:	467
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	138259  
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher12_3.15.0.zip (489.2 KB, 269 views)
File Type: zip mbe_3.15.0_mz-style.zip (10.7 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by tshering; 05-13-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #142
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:39 AM   #143
mamado
mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Arabic book titles

Hi,

I am using GeoffR excellent patches he created here to add support for Arabic keyboard and fix some issues with displaying Arabic fonts.

The problem is that the latest firmware update broke part of the patches that changes the book titles from italic to normal as it seems the arabic fonts are missing italic glyphs.

GeoffR suggested that I ask here for help.

Can you please help me to change the book titles in the display and search results to normal instead of italic?

fyi, The original patch is here:
Spoiler:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=17
<Patch>
patch_name = `Book titles font style normal`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# This patch changes the font style used for book titles displayed in the
# library, search results, etc. from italic to normal. This works around the
# problem of the system fonts missing italic glyphs for Arabic.
#
# Book title in details view
replace_string = D12511, `font-style: italic;`, `font-style: normal;`
#
# Search term in search results view
replace_string = D7D573, `font-style: italic;`, `font-style: normal;`
#
# Book title in library view
replace_string = D842F0, `font-style: italic;`, `font-style: normal;`
</Patch>
mamado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #144
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamado View Post
Hi,

I am using GeoffR excellent patches he created here to add support for Arabic keyboard and fix some issues with displaying Arabic fonts.

The problem is that the latest firmware update broke part of the patches that changes the book titles from italic to normal as it seems the arabic fonts are missing italic glyphs.

GeoffR suggested that I ask here for help.

Can you please help me to change the book titles in the display and search results to normal instead of italic?

fyi, The original patch is here:
Spoiler:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=17
<Patch>
patch_name = `Book titles font style normal`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# This patch changes the font style used for book titles displayed in the
# library, search results, etc. from italic to normal. This works around the
# problem of the system fonts missing italic glyphs for Arabic.
#
# Book title in details view
replace_string = D12511, `font-style: italic;`, `font-style: normal;`
#
# Search term in search results view
replace_string = D7D573, `font-style: italic;`, `font-style: normal;`
#
# Book title in library view
replace_string = D842F0, `font-style: italic;`, `font-style: normal;`
</Patch>
I can do only a rather rough approach. This will change italic to normal of some other labels to. Create first a KoboRoot.tgz with the package uploaded here, and feed then this KoboRoot.tgz to GeoffR's patching tool. Correction: It should be the other way round: Create first a KoboRoot.tgz with GeoffR's patching tool, a feed then this newly created KoboRoot.tgz to the patching tool uploaded here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher12_3.15.0_titles_not_italic.zip (477.5 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by tshering; 05-18-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:42 AM   #145
mamado
mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mamado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I can do only a rather rough approach. This will change italic to normal of some other labels to. Create first a KoboRoot.tgz with the package uploaded here, and feed then this KoboRoot.tgz to GeoffR's patching tool.
Thanks a lot tshering for doing this.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to work. I ran 3.15.0.bat and got the KoboRoot.tgz file.
I tried putting it as is in GeoffR source folder, I tried extracting it as .tar, and I tried extracting the .so files there directly.
Each time I tried to update but got the same result, the book author appear fine but the title and search result doesn't.

Is there to verify that I got your patches correctly in the resulting file?

Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:13 AM   #146
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks a lot tshering for doing this.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to work. I ran 3.15.0.bat and got the KoboRoot.tgz file.
I tried putting it as is in GeoffR source folder, I tried extracting it as .tar, and I tried extracting the .so files there directly.
Each time I tried to update but got the same result, the book author appear fine but the title and search result doesn't.

Is there to verify that I got your patches correctly in the resulting file?

Thanks again for your help.
I messed up the sequence of applying the tools yesterday night. I corrected the post.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #147
mamado

Quote:
I messed up the sequence of applying the tools yesterday night. I corrected the post.

Thanks a lot tshering, this is working perfectly, here is what I did in case it would help others:
  1. Ran GeoffR patch tool after modifying the patch files to enable/disable what I need
  2. Extracted the KoboRoot.tgz file produced in the target folder
  3. Copied the .so files inside it into the source folder of tshering patch tool to override existing files
  4. Ran tshering's patch tool, then copy the produced KoboRoot.tgz from target folder to .kobo folder on device
  5. Restart, then open any Arabic book to load the fonts
  6. Everything working fine
Old 05-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #148
tshering
Wizard

Quote:

Thanks a lot tshering, this is working perfectly, here is what I did in case it would help others:
  1. Ran GeoffR patch tool after modifying the patch files to enable/disable what I need
  2. Extracted the KoboRoot.tgz file produced in the target folder
  3. Copied the .so files inside it into the source folder of tshering patch tool to override existing files
  4. Ran tshering's patch tool, then copy the produced KoboRoot.tgz from target folder to .kobo folder on device
  5. Restart, then open any Arabic book to load the fonts
  6. Everything working fine
I am glad it worked for you. Maybe I should clarify something that is important for cross-patching. For each file to patch the bat-script looks first in the xxx_source directory for this file (e.g. libnickel.so.1.0.0), if it does not find it, the script tries to extract it from KoboRoot.tar in the same directory. If it cannot find KoboRoot.tar, it tries to extract it from KoboRoot.tgz. If it cannot find KoboRoot.tgz, it tries to extract it from kobo-update-xxx.zip. The bat-script of GeoffR's patcher works the same way.

Last edited by tshering; 05-18-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #149
mamado

Quote:
I am glad it worked for you. Maybe I should clarify something that is important for cross-patching. For each file to patch the bat-script looks first in the xxx_source directory for this file (e.g. libnickel.so.1.0.0), if it does not find it, the script tries to extract it from KoboRoot.tar in the same directory. If it cannot find KoboRoot.tar, it tries to extract it from KoboRoot.tgz. If it cannot find KoboRoot.tgz, it tries to extract it from kobo-update-xxx.zip. The bat-script of GeoffR's patcher works the same way.
Thanks for the explanation, this makes more sense now
Old 05-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #150
truemarine
truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4B, Kobo Aura H2O
I would like to report the patch (title not italic) is working on my H2O. Thanks a lot!
truemarine is offline   Reply With Quote