Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2024, 03:31 PM   #136
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Downgrading to FW 4.x from 5.x is not possible at the moment. FW 5 replaces the recovery partition, so it will no longer have the original recovery partition.

It might be possible to create a downgrade file in the future, but that would probably require an image from the same device running FW 4.x.

There's a reason I warned people not to try installing this firmware on a Kobo.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:37 PM   #137
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Downgrading to FW 4.x from 5.x is not possible at the moment. FW 5 replaces the recovery partition, so it will no longer have the original recovery partition.

It might be possible to create a downgrade file in the future, but that would probably require an image from the same device running FW 4.x.

There's a reason I warned people not to try installing this firmware on a Kobo.

Doesn’t the Libra have a SDcard? He could downgrade by just imaging a new card and then swapping it.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2024, 03:38 PM   #138
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
That.... really sucks...
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:44 PM   #139
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Doesn’t the Libra have a SDcard? He could downgrade by just imaging a new card and then swapping it.
The Libra 2 but not original Libra, I think. It seems pretty random which models use an SD card.
The Libra2 opens easily, but the "waterproofing" sort of glues the card in.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 03:57 PM   #140
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I think he has Libra colour and there is no sd card in that one. Man, that sucks. Is it possible to put Do Not Install on Kobo devices on the first post of this thread?

I've been following the thread and I read when sherman said not to install this on Kobo devices, but some won't read all the pages.
gyrene2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2024, 04:24 PM   #141
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrene2083 View Post
I think he has Libra colour and there is no sd card in that one. Man, that sucks. Is it possible to put Do Not Install on Kobo devices on the first post of this thread?

I've been following the thread and I read when sherman said not to install this on Kobo devices, but some won't read all the pages.

I’ve updated the initial post and will also update the download post. I should have thought of it myself, I feel like a fool 😕
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 04:32 PM   #142
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Out of curiosity, how did you accidentally install a Tolino firmware update on a Libra Colour? I've done stuff like that when experimenting with my devices but I wouldn't refer to it as an accident.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 04:42 PM   #143
Gone
Out of order
Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I’ve updated the initial post and will also update the download post. I should have thought of it myself, I feel like a fool ��
I just looked, and there's a dedicated forum for Tolino.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=279

This thread should be moved there?

Last edited by Gone; 05-19-2024 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added the Tolino forum
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 04:44 PM   #144
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since the firmware for Kobo and Tolino devices seems to be merging, I would prefer to leave this thread here.
Old 05-19-2024, 04:57 PM   #145
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Out of curiosity, how did you accidentally install a Tolino firmware update on a Libra Colour?
In this context, I think "accident" means "I didn't do enough research before taking action."
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 05:04 PM   #146
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Been there, done that. Doh!
Old 05-19-2024, 05:57 PM   #147
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
A couple of days ago I purchased a Tolino Shine (5) BW with firmware 4.39.22427.
I installed NickelMenu, KOReader, turned on telnet and tried to save the image, which is what I successfully did on several previous kobo models
thanks to this description: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=576
This time (Tolino Shine (5) BW 4.39.22427) I received a file of only 18 MB in size with the following content:
https://ibb.co/9rtTBDP
I made two attempts, the result was the same.
Then I finally updated to 5.0.175773, although I was sure that there would be no return.)
I remembered 2012 and put the device on the shelf for now.
Here are some photos with the back cover removed:
CPU MT8113LAAV
https://ibb.co/VNNBNPM
https://ibb.co/fpSpp5X
https://ibb.co/4pzvyvF
https://ibb.co/tMpCmj8
https://ibb.co/CPmMYpr
https://ibb.co/N2hTWSp
https://ibb.co/ccGmbrs
Waldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 07:55 PM   #148
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
CPU MT8113LAAV
https://ibb.co/CPmMYpr
Nice to see an image from a BW device showing the 8113L chip variant rather than the 8113T in the images on iFixIt (they show a Colour MB).
Old 05-20-2024, 01:17 AM   #149
kentpuait
kentpuait began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Out of curiosity, how did you accidentally install a Tolino firmware update on a Libra Colour? I've done stuff like that when experimenting with my devices but I wouldn't refer to it as an accident.

In the beginning, it was not written that the model of libra was not installed on the model. I decided to install, but half does not work there. He does not enter the poke, in the dropbox too, Google Drive disappeared, with the fonts of the problem. I would like to return to the image of the previous version. Only you need to find an image for the libra of Color.
kentpuait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 02:32 AM   #150
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentpuait View Post
In the beginning, it was not written that the model of libra was not installed on the model. I decided to install, but half does not work there. He does not enter the poke, in the dropbox too, Google Drive disappeared, with the fonts of the problem. I would like to return to the image of the previous version. Only you need to find an image for the libra of Color.
Which is not available since the Libra Colour does NOT have a removable internal storage. It uses a soldered to the motherboard eMMC chip. I was looking at creating an image using a script file but realized that there is no way I could find to send the image to a non-functioning Libra Colour.