Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 03:42 PM   #136
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Android DRM and Android app.

And this is a thread in Reader forum.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 10:27 PM   #137
JohnCheese
JohnCheese began at the beginning.

Device: NXTPAPER 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Android DRM and Android app.

And this is a thread in Reader forum.
Yes but this is about the nxtpaper 11 and I was seeing if anyone else with the nxtpaper 11 encountered this drm issue. Didn’t seem complaint when there were 3 pages about Microsoft
JohnCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2024, 02:31 AM   #138
Diabola
Diabola began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabola View Post
finally I got the pen of this tablet. But the tip of the pen is not completely fixed, there's very little space on the sides... and also it's moving up and down a bit. I don't know if it is normal. It makes extra tapping sounds. (ps:There was a crush on the shipping package and also the pen protection accessory. I received the package hopping there's no problem.)
The tip of your pen completely fixed by sides and top? Any gap, moving?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The pen box has a spare tip and extractor under the pen packing. My pen tip is not loose. It moves only slightly when you press. It would need the metal extractor tool (in box) to remove tip.
I returned the pen and ordered a new one.
I hope I don't have any other problems.
Diabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 03:30 AM   #139
Diabola
Diabola began at the beginning.

Device: none
I think there is no edit message button in this forum, or it may be temporary, I don't know. Sorry for the mess. There will be a double message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Obviously if you want a screen protector apply a mat one but then I recommend buying a better tablet as the original mat finish of the screen won't matter.
Nowhere. I wish I could find one with anti-reflective properties.
Maybe I can order this one. I'm undecided. In a way, this is actually a gamble for me.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRY7PPJR/

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
That said, I'm not worried about the tablet's screen. There's almost no chance that I could scratch it while using it, I've never scratched any phone and I don't carry it with me, but when I put it in my bag, I make sure I put it in a proper case.
I have its original flip case.
And also,
I've requested information about the tablet's screen. I stated that I wanted to know whether chemically strengthened glass was used on the tablet's screen... but I have not received any response yet.
Diabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 05:08 AM   #140
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think there is no edit message button in this forum, or it may be temporary, I don't know. Sorry for the mess. There will be a double message.
It's temporary till you have more posts

Quote:
Maybe I can order this one. I'm undecided. In a way, this is actually a gamble for me.
I think that's pointless and will just degrade the matt aspect hugely.
Advert
Old 06-17-2024, 12:16 AM   #141
JohnCheese
JohnCheese began at the beginning.

Device: NXTPAPER 11
Is anyone aware of any specific owner groups like Facebook/reddit for the NXTPAPER devices other than this form? Is it too of a niche device?
JohnCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 04:48 AM   #142
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Netflix issue will be an android or Netflix issue. I don't use any streaming subs and any issues I ever had on any Android were certain apps. The eink Android is the worst, because it's non-standard in a different way to Oppo, Sony, Huawei, TCL etc customisations.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:26 PM   #143
Marfes
Marfes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Anyone seen these 2 models searching Nxtpaper 11 on TCL Amazon UK?

Notable differences:
1. Different ASIN
2. Different date first available. 1 Jan. 2023 vs 17 April 2024

The "TCL NXTPAPER 11 Wi-Fi Tablet 11 Inch 2K NXTVISION, Android 13, 4GB RAM, 128GB Memory, 8000mAh Battery, Dark Gray" can be found across EU Amazon and is the tablet of this thread.

The "TCL Tab 11 NXTPAPER" currently found only on Amazon UK. It uses the same stock images as Tab 11 (not Nxtpaper display) sold on Amazon.co.jp. This is a cheaper model but defeats the purpose of implementing Nxtpaper technology with only Nxtvision software without Nxtpaper hardware.

Not sure if it's possible to know if there are any differences until someone buys the TCL Tab 11 NXTPAPER.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCL-NXTPAPE...ef_=ast_sto_dp
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCL-Tab-11-...ef_=ast_sto_dp

Last edited by Marfes; 06-18-2024 at 08:30 PM.
Marfes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 08:39 PM   #144
Marfes
Marfes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfes View Post
It uses the same stock images as Tab 11 (not Nxtpaper display) sold on Amazon.co.jp. This is a cheaper model but defeats the purpose of implementing Nxtpaper technology with only Nxtvision software without Nxtpaper hardware.
Not totally true. The screensaver image is different and there's addition of Nxtpaper logo on the TCL Tab 11 NXTPAPER stock images.
Marfes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 09:03 AM   #145
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfes View Post
The "TCL NXTPAPER 11 Wi-Fi Tablet 11 Inch 2K NXTVISION, Android 13, 4GB RAM, 128GB Memory, 8000mAh Battery, Dark Gray" can be found across EU Amazon and is the tablet of this thread.

The "TCL Tab 11 NXTPAPER" currently found only on Amazon UK. It uses the same stock images as Tab 11 (not Nxtpaper display) sold on Amazon.co.jp. This is a cheaper model but defeats the purpose of implementing Nxtpaper technology with only Nxtvision software without Nxtpaper hardware.

Not sure if it's possible to know if there are any differences until someone buys the TCL Tab 11 NXTPAPER.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCL-NXTPAPE...ef_=ast_sto_dp
Model TB00168
£188.99
Product Dimensions ‏ : ‎ 10 x 5 x 1.27 cm; 462 g [Can't be correct, the advert has 6.9mm thick, which is correct]
ASIN B0C3MG289R
10.9″ screen diagonal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCL-Tab-11-...dp/B0D1YBWMPR/
Model: ???
£158.74
Product Dimensions ‎25.9 x 16.3 x 2.69 cm; 770 g [Thickness & weight can't be right]
ASIN B0D1YBWMPR

We have bought two from this page
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B0C3MG289R/
Mysteriously they no longer deliver to here (Ireland), but it could be something broken on Amazon.
Product Dimensions ‎10 x 5 x 1.27 cm; 462 g [Seems strange?]
Model ‎TB00168
ASIN B0C3MG289R

Measured:
466 g
256 mm = 10.08″
160 mm = 6.3″
7 mm (ex camera bump) = 0.27″

So all three pages have crazy W x H x T, but the 462 g is close to 466 g (Digital kitchen scales).

I suspect both the UK pages are the exact same model at two different prices!

Baffling.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-19-2024 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:06 PM   #146
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

The mysterious model at £156 is about €190 Euro +/- charges etc. The DE price of named model is €215 + shipping, except it doesn't seem to ship outside Germany now.
Old 06-20-2024, 03:55 PM   #147
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
I feel you, it's really hard to find a true mat screen protector. 90% of them are gimmicks, a foil which is mat inside but glossy on the surface. You need to find one which is mat on the surface, as a bonus it adds a nice non-slippery touch feel.

Here's my phone vs NXTPAPER 11
https://imgur.com/a/Dfk1YVC
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote