Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #16
mtnmedic
Enthusiast
mtnmedic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G, Astak EZ Reader
Have a nice wait. I'm not holding my breath to see if these devices will pan out and hold up to expectations, based on multiple past dissatisfying experiences involving Windows-based slates/tablets. Knowing ahead of time what the iPad lacks, it really has exceeded my expectations with regard to ease of use, form factor, simplicity, stability and performance. And really, for a reader that can do SO much more, I can't complain about what it doesn't have or can't do.
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #17
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
Have a nice wait. I'm not holding my breath to see if these devices will pan out and hold up to expectations, based on multiple past dissatisfying experiences involving Windows-based slates/tablets. Knowing ahead of time what the iPad lacks, it really has exceeded my expectations with regard to ease of use, form factor, simplicity, stability and performance. And really, for a reader that can do SO much more, I can't complain about what it doesn't have or can't do.
Well, I have no choice but to wait. The ipad is not even close to meeting my needs. I have also been very disappointed in Windows tablets of the past. Only recently has the hardware and the OS finally reached a point where we will see some real tablets. I have been wanting a tablet for many years and it looks like this year I will finally have one!
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote