Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
adun
adun began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
View two pages at once.

Hi,

I’ve being around some while but never registered before, just did it to ask a question.
There seems to be someone in the calibre forum trying to implement a two page view
in the calibre viewer. ( See this thread. )

Is there some possibility to add a two pages layout to the EPUBReader?

Thank you
adun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by adun View Post
Hi,

I’ve being around some while but never registered before, just did it to ask a question.
There seems to be someone in the calibre forum trying to implement a two page view
in the calibre viewer. ( See this thread. )

Is there some possibility to add a two pages layout to the EPUBReader?

Thank you
Hi adun, thanks for your posting and sorry for my late answer! I've been in vacation and didn't have internet access .

Yes, I think this should be possible. I put it on the change list.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
Laisvunas
Enthusiast
Laisvunas began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,

To have the possibility to open to pages at once would be really useful.

But perhaps equally useful would be a possibility to open the same publication in several tabs by clicking links in Library page. Perhaps it would be possible to add a new option "Allow opening several instances of EPUB book" - yes/no?

Currently it is only possible to open several chapters by right-clicking on links in TOC, but by doing this chapters are being displayed without EPUBReader's GUI. It would be better if right-clicking on links in TOC opened chapters with all GUI present. It seems that this is behavior expected by users. Perhaps, it would be possible to add a new right-click menu item for inner links of EPUB book - "Open in a new EPUBReader tab"? It seems to me that this would be a great usability enhancement.

Thank you so much for this amazing extension!
Laisvunas is offline   Reply With Quote