Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
shuozhifenxi
shuozhifenxi began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s
Noise comes from dr1000s?

Hello everyone.

I am a new user of irex dr1000s. And I hear a special noise when I use my e-reader. When the power is on, the noise comes and no mater what I do. The noise is not loud, but when I read in a quiet room, it is very annoying.

Did anyone notice that special noise comes from dr1000s? Is it a fault or just a feature of dr1000s?
shuozhifenxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
From an absolute point of view it is not normal.

From an iRex point of view, sorry, all devices does it, at least while working. In my case each time change page it sound while 10 seconds or so and then disappears. Version 1.7.1

However, sometimes the sound is not present. It depends how device boots...
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
I never notice any sound at all - except the beep when pressing buttons. Other than that my DR1000 seems to be totally silent.
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuozhifenxi View Post
Hello everyone.

I am a new user of irex dr1000s. And I hear a special noise when I use my e-reader. When the power is on, the noise comes and no mater what I do. The noise is not loud, but when I read in a quiet room, it is very annoying.

Did anyone notice that special noise comes from dr1000s? Is it a fault or just a feature of dr1000s?
When I had an older firmware installed some time ago, it used to make a soft, high pitched noise. It was only audible in some rooms. I am now on FW 1.7.1. I only hear some soft rattling when turning pages. It lasts for 1 or two seconds and is gone then. I dont find it disturbing.

Mark
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
plisken
Enthusiast
plisken began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
From an iRex point of view, sorry, all devices does it, at least while working.
Remark: what is the point of giving such lame excuse on USER forum? I would at least understand it, if you were iRex rep. If you are, reveal it, and if you are not, don't make excuses for iRex (or any company actually). Thank you.

For the record -- my keyboard (musical instrument) is dead-silent while turned on. The same for my mp3 player. The same for my cell phone.

And about my iRex DR1000 -- yes, it makes high pitch sound, typical for low quality built electronics. It is most common for pendrives, turn on computer, plug in headphones and plug in pendrive -- you will hear your pendrive working :-)

I didn't return my DR1000 for repair because I suspect every DR1000 has such flaw :-( And since I would pay for shipment it would make any sense for me.

Cheers,
plisken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by plisken View Post
Remark: what is the point of giving such lame excuse on USER forum? I would at least understand it, if you were iRex rep. If you are, reveal it, and if you are not, don't make excuses for iRex (or any company actually). Thank you.

For the record -- my keyboard (musical instrument) is dead-silent while turned on. The same for my mp3 player. The same for my cell phone.

And about my iRex DR1000 -- yes, it makes high pitch sound, typical for low quality built electronics. It is most common for pendrives, turn on computer, plug in headphones and plug in pendrive -- you will hear your pendrive working :-)

I didn't return my DR1000 for repair because I suspect every DR1000 has such flaw :-( And since I would pay for shipment it would make any sense for me.

Cheers,
Please dont misunderstand me. I'm not a iRex people and I'm very disappointed with iRex. My sorry has in relation to DR1000S does it and we cannot do anything to avoid it. In my case it only happens sometimes.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #7
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Mine is silent too.
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
It doesn't seem to be a problem with all of them, but a few others have reported that their DR1000 makes a slight high pitched noise. Not sure if it's something iRex would repair under warranty, but you can ask them.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise