Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 08:16 AM   #1
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Finally gave in and bought a jetBook Lite

The day after Christmas, I gave in to the Fictionwise deal and bought a jetBook Lite with the $50 in Micropay credits. It came yesterday. The unit was drop shipped directly from Etaco. Downside is I had no clue it had even been shipped. It has the 14n firmware, which I believe is the latest. I haven't tried a PDB book yet, but I just dropped in the SD card out of my EZ Reader and it works fine! I'll try a DRM'ed book tonight. The battery lump makes it very comfortable to hold and use the slider bar to change pages. My only disappointment is it did not come with a case like the regular jetBook does. What are you guys using for a case? Now, if they would just add a serif font or two...

Norm
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
GA Russell
Sask last undefeated team
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
smithno, a number of us are looking for a suitable case, and no one has verified that a good one exists. Ectaco should do something about that.

I too like the bump on the back. However, I find the slider on the left to demand too much effort/strength, so I use the page turn buttons on the lower left with my right hand.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Snuck in a trip thru the electronics dept and bought one of these Body Glove Case. It is an inch + too tall, which allows room for a spare set of batteries, etc. It's not form fitting, but seems well made and the jetBook Lite fits with room to spare. My EZ Reader also fits. The price in the store was less than $15.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
GA Russell
Sask last undefeated team
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks smithno. That looks very interesting.

Does it have a zipper or something else to keep it closed?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
smithno
Groupie

There is a zipper across the top.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithno View Post
Just got back from Wal-Mart. Snuck in a trip thru the electronics dept and bought one of these Body Glove Case. It is an inch + too tall, which allows room for a spare set of batteries, etc. It's not form fitting, but seems well made and the jetBook Lite fits with room to spare. My EZ Reader also fits. The price in the store was less than $15.
This case looks very nice. I may buy it for my jetBook-Lite
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
kolrone
Enthusiast
kolrone doesn't litterkolrone doesn't litter

Device: jetBook-Lite, eBookwise-1150
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. My JBL came today and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up the case. It's a great fit. It's definitely a good case to throw into a backpack for school.
kolrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

I saw this and almost bought it, but for a different ebook reader. Now that I see your post, I realize I should have bought it. Because it is slight taller than the smaller Readers, this kind of pouch would be perfect to make a shoulder-strap for it. I think it would be very easy to add one.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Another possible choice:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTABLE-HDD-STO...item439ccc9ac3

Designed for 3.5" hard drives. Height & width look good, and thickness exceeds the JBL's dimensions.

Page cites material as "PP". I hope that is "polypropylene " instead of something else (grin)

On second thought ... don't know if those dimensions are "outside" or "inside". A 3.5" HD is a bit narrower than is the JBL (4" rather than 4.25")

Last edited by TheBard; 01-20-2010 at 03:52 PM.
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Linda!
Enthusiast
Linda! has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
I was also looking for a case and came across this one on ebay. Its slightly larger than the one suggested by The Bard.

Dimensions: 6.3" L x 4.7" W x 1.3" H

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anti-static-3-5-...d4#Description
Linda! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook lite