Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #16
Ncm
Ncm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Hi
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm using a SanDisk Extreme III 2GB card on the Sony ereader and it works great. Seems much faster than my original Kingston SanDisk 2 GB card.
Ncm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Did they implement the power saving features for when the card is not accessed that they did in the regular 2 gb sd cards?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #18
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Does the Sony Reader have any problems with 4GB SD memory? If so, are problems brand/speed related? I don't have any 4GB SD memory yet. Might get one if reader handles OK. I don't think I will get Memory Stick. What way (FAT ??) should the 4 GB memory be formatted? (with apologies to all my previous English teachers).
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #19
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
AFAIK Reader does handle those cards, but cannot read any files past 2GB mark.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #20
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There is a list in the MobileRead Wiki of the cards and sizes that have worked with the Reader. As igorsk said, most (all?) 4 GB cards do not work well. Save your money and go for a 2 GB card. Other than music it is a nightmare to go through even 2 GB of book titles at 10 titles per page.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #21
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskrat
Hi,
I also am getting the warning message "unable to complete operation destination can no longer be accessed" and cannot add any more files to my 4gb card. Did you try filling up the card to full capacity? Did it work? Mine is stuck at 2.5gb and I have no way of formatting it.
I have run into the same limitation with both 4GB SD cards (150x) and my 4GB Sandisk Memory Stick Pro -- Once I get about 2.2GB of data loaded, neither the Connect software nor the Reader will recognize it. And if I use Windows Explorer to fill the 4GB memory cards (either SD card or Memory Stick) beyond leaving 1.8GB free, the number of files (either books or MP3 files, makes no difference) is reported inaccurately -- I can 4000 books on the card and as long as the card is over the 2.2GB of data, the Reader will report the number of books on the reader itself accurately and then report only a few on the memory card.

I'm hoping they address this issue in the next firmware upgrade, so that we can use 4GB cards -- I'd love to have 1GB or 1.5GB of books and 2.5GB or 3GB of MP3 files for listening while reading without having a second device going.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote