Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-17-2002, 07:12 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Heheheh ok I make the start here.

Avantgo: Where is hi-res support?? Even the latest beta doesn't seem to have it. Isn't it a shame to run 160x160 apps on a Clie or Palm OS5 handheld? More here: http://avantgo.com/support/beta_news.html

Plucker: Table support. I have a few web pages that use tables. And tables just look horrible in Plucker. Does anyone know if table support is planned in near future?
Old 12-19-2002, 09:13 AM   #2
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Based on what I have read, the AvantGo OS5 beta process is still very much a work in progress. What they seem to be doing is adding people in a rolling fashion and developing as they go. As I have said before, I remember plenty of my own usage of AvantGo and don't plan to go back until they have hi-res (or perhaps hi-res+) support for the NX series and memory card support, so I don't have to give up even more of my precious RAM.
Scott
Old 02-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #3
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
With Plucker, I'd like to be able to copyand paste text into memos, docs or dictionary applications. This is so that I can store information from a particular day's news before it gets overwritten by the next day's. AvantGo allows you to convert a page into one or more memos. HandStory gives you some rather awkward copy functionality, but as far as I can see with Plucker there's none.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:05 PM   #4
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
There is an "export to memo" under the View menu. Is this what you are looking for? PDR
Old 03-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
No I was more like looking for something where I can mark a single work and then look it up in a dictionary or something like that. Like with iSilo, you can cut/copy & paste any character, word, line, etc...
Old 03-06-2003, 03:58 PM   #6
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Yes, I would like that too. It's not, as you know, available in HandStory either.

The more I look at Plucker, the more I'm glad that BasilC led me to give it another look. It's much more configurable than HandStory, at least as fast in conversion, and seems to have more power with foreign languages.

I posted this on the HandStory site earlier today: did you know that if, when you are doing a Plucker conversion, you mount the Sony MS (through MS Import), that the document is not only converted but downloaded onto the MS? That's pretty nifty.

Cheers, PDR