Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-06-2024, 06:11 PM   #106
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It appears that Amazon is also about to release a wireless Bluetooth remote. I wonder if this is for use with the new Kindles.

2A4DH-2362
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2024, 04:36 AM   #107
JBaby
Groupie
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2024 11” M4 iPad Pro & iPhone 15 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It appears that Amazon is also about to release a wireless Bluetooth remote. I wonder if this is for use with the new Kindles.

2A4DH-2362

I truly hope so!!! That’s the only thing I want from a new SE.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2024, 05:06 PM   #108
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncoyote View Post
I predict that there will be a couple of new colour Kindles announced next week. I think Amazon needs to come out with their answer to the Kobo Clara and Libra. I just received my new Clara today, and I love it! I think Kobo did a great job, especially for $179 Cdn.
I like mine too but wish they know how to do system dark mode, and not just dark 'Page appearance'.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2024, 06:40 PM   #109
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:

2A4DH-2362
I kinda doubt that. I have to think it is for Fire TV or some Amazon branded universal remote (with Alexa of course).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2024, 07:35 PM   #110
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I kinda doubt that. I have to think it is for Fire TV or some Amazon branded universal remote (with Alexa of course).
True. Even the new kindles are largely speculation. The only description in the FCC paperwork is “Electronic Display Device” and that could refer to a new Echo Show Alexa device.
Old 10-07-2024, 07:52 PM   #111
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I like mine too but wish they know how to do system dark mode, and not just dark 'Page appearance'.
You can use the inverted mode to get dark mode everywhere, but images will also be inverted if you do that.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 AM   #112
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite SE links on this page

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Erea...ode=5157836031

are now coming up with "Page Not Found" at the UK Amazon site.

Also, in the comparison table, the Kindle (basic) has vanished except for the Kids edition.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We'll see tomorrow if the rumors of the announcements on Oct 9 are true.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM   #114
Fritomaster
Enthusiast
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: RMPP, Inkpad Color 3, Bigme Hibreak, Kindle PW
Riiip
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #115
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Still no new kindles?

I almost wonder if they're discontinuing the Kindle line?
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #116
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Still no new kindles?

I almost wonder if they're discontinuing the Kindle line?
It’s very odd. I have gotten multiple emails about Kindle books on sale during Prime Days. But no mention of actual Kindles.

It has occurred to me that the current management of Amazon may no longer have the interest in selling a reading device at a loss and making it up in the sale of books when they can just sell the books and let customers read them on phones and tablets.
Old Today, 12:32 AM   #117
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
It has occurred to me that the current management of Amazon may no longer have the interest in selling a reading device at a loss and making it up in the sale of books when they can just sell the books and let customers read them on phones and tablets.
It’s possible, however as long as Apple and Google demand their pound of flesh for every book bought via an app on their platform, I’d argue Amazon still has an incentive to offer a device for which they control the distribution.

Quote:
True. Even the new kindles are largely speculation. The only description in the FCC paperwork is “Electronic Display Device” and that could refer to a new Echo Show Alexa device.
The terminology is vague enough indeed. Could the newly released Fire HD tablet fit the bill as well? The leak of the new Kindle Basic seemed legit, but perhaps this will be the only Kindle update this year, if any.

Last edited by BionicGecko; Today at 12:56 AM.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:16 AM   #118
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nothing at Amazon UK yet.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote