Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM   #91
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Basic Kindle, Paperwhite SE and Oasis still unavailable at Amazon UK.
Yeah, I see the same thing today.

Interestingly, the Scribe is on sale at 24-31% off depending on the model.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #92
Scoob
Enthusiast
Scoob is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Keyboard, Nook ST
So yesterday Amazon US had the Oasis in stock with 1-2 day shipping (they are out of stock now). If the next new Kindle isn't a new Paperwhite with a X% brighter screen could it be a new Oasis? Like they found the last of last model Oasis in a warehouse and went to get the last penny they could off of them before they introduce a new one.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:00 AM   #93
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I will probably get one of the new ones. It's been a while since I bought my Oasis, 3 gen. I got it right when it came out. It's beginning to show some battery issues. I still have a Voyage as well, but mostly my wife uses it.

I'm just ready for a change. Need a screen a least as large as the Oasis, maybe longer life, more memory.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:17 AM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Hmmm… what is the Kindle Scribe availability like in the UK? - I only see the 16GB with Basic Pen available in the US.
In the UK, scribe is available.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=kindle+...f=nb_sb_noss_1
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:22 AM   #95
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
The rumor on Reddit is that the new models will be announced on Oct 9th and available on the 16th.

I'm not sure how reliable this is however, considering that Prime Days are expected to be held on Oct 8-9; it would be a surprising marketing strategy to announce new devices on the 9th, as Amazon would likely get many returns from people who bought Kindles on the 8th not knowing new models were just around the corner, and a drop in sales on the 9th from people waiting for the new models to be available.

Perhaps the Kindle models getting a refresh will not get discounted during those Prime Days; that would perhaps lower the number of returns, but the timing still feels odd.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:28 AM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
The rumor on Reddit is that the new models will be announced on Oct 9th and available on the 16th.

I'm not sure how reliable this is however, considering that Prime Days are expected to be held on Oct 8-9; it would be a surprising marketing strategy to announce new devices on the 9th, as Amazon would likely get many returns from people who bought Kindles on the 8th not knowing new models were just around the corner, and a drop in sales on the 9th from people waiting for the new models to be available.

Perhaps the Kindle models getting a refresh will not get discounted during those Prime Days; that would perhaps lower the number of returns, but the timing still feels odd.
Actually, it makes sense. It means that while people are shopping on Amazon during Prime Days, they will be able to see the new Kindles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #97
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, it makes sense. It means that while people are shopping on Amazon during Prime Days, they will be able to see the new Kindles.
That's a fair point; it is true that Prime Days are a giant advertisement opportunity for Amazon's own products. Perhaps this more than compensates for the losses potentially incurred on returned devices.
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #98
Frogm4n
Groupie
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:

I'm not sure how reliable this is however, considering that Prime Days are expected to be held on Oct 8-9;.
They released a new/refreshed Fire HD 8 yesterday, and at the sale price of the previous 2022 model they'd been selling. I don't think Amazon really cares about poaching their own sales if they have the stock to start selling right away.
Frogm4n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 AM   #99
Fritomaster
Enthusiast
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: RMPP, Inkpad Color 3, Bigme Hibreak, Kindle PW
I haven't kept up with rumors, but is there any chance of an amazon based gallery 3 device?
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:32 AM   #100
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
Do we have confirmation yet that these are actually new models and not just some minor internal change that required new FCC submissions?
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #101
BionicGecko
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritomaster View Post
I haven't kept up with rumors, but is there any chance of an amazon based gallery 3 device?
While many of us are hoping for that, it seems unlikely. As far as I know there hasn't been any leak hinting to that.
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #102
BionicGecko
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
Do we have confirmation yet that these are actually new models and not just some minor internal change that required new FCC submissions?
Those are likely going to be minor refreshes of existing models. There is rather solid evidence of an updated Kindle Basic with a 25% increase in screen brightness. There is no public info on what the second device might be.
Old Today, 12:28 PM   #103
Fritomaster
Enthusiast
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: RMPP, Inkpad Color 3, Bigme Hibreak, Kindle PW
Quote:
While many of us are hoping for that, it seems unlikely. As far as I know there hasn't been any leak hinting to that.
Dude after getting my remarkable paper pro solely for graphics based stuff I'm in love with the screen. It feels magical in the way that b&w used to when I first was impressed by it.

My issue now is I'm paying XXX for a device I don't need drawing on, it's too big to casual read and I gotta convert all my stuff into pdf and there's no settings to adjust.

I'm trying to find a bigme galy3 but no is selling used not paying 700 on aliexpress, but I'd spend 400 in a heartbeat for a new 8-10 inch gallery device.
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote