Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #1
madelonw
Enthusiast
madelonw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle with Special Offers, iPad 2
Go to first/last record

I have a shamefully large eBook collection and occasionally need to go to the first or last book in the database. I know, a trivial thing, but... shamefully large number of books to wade through to scroll to the top or bottom.

Is there a plugin? or some other means to easily do this?

TIA

madelonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #2
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
ctrl+home and ctrl+end work for me.
Mr Avid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #3
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
ctrl+End and ctrl+home or something like that.
I have a TKL-60 keyboard so it’s a bit different
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you're in grid view, you can use home and end without the ctrl modifier.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:23 AM   #5
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
ctrl+home and ctrl+end work for me.
On a Mac, that's command-home and command-end. And OP, thanks for asking this question, it's bothered me but I've never taken the time to find the answer.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first record, last record