Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2024, 03:15 AM   #1
Graham44
Graham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle paperwhite signature edition
Adding a synopsis to Kindle books?

I will try to explain clearly what I would like to do:

On Kindles you have about this book in the menu, when you click this it takes you to Amazon and you can view the synopsis of the book.

I don't want to connect my Kindle to the internet and I load all of my books onto it through Calibre connecting via a USB cable so I was wondering is there a way of loading a synopsis into the book itself using Calibre?

I have a synopsis/ plot summary written for each of my books under comments in Calibre but I was wondering if there is a way too add/ copy this info to the book file itself so it can be accessed when on the Kindle?

I tend to load a few books at a time onto my Kindle so by the time I get to them I've forgotten what the book is about having a summary/ synopsis available in book would be a great help.

I did try just adding a new page to a book using book editor with the synopsis on it but I didn't really know what I was doing and I couldn't get the new page to show up in the table of contents or anything so wasn't accessible when reading unless you manually scrolled back through the book.

If there was a plugin for this or some way of doing it that would be great

If this post doesn't make sense I will try to clarify what I'm after
Graham44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 03:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you are converting the book to the kindle format use the option to add metadata as page at start of book in the "Structure detection" section of the conversion dialog. If you set the option globally it will be used in future for all conversion automatically, but note the global setting wont work for books already converted previously even if you reconvert as saved conversion settings have precedence.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2024, 04:11 AM   #3
Graham44
Graham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileReadGraham44 has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle paperwhite signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
When you are converting the book to the kindle format use the option to add metadata as page at start of book in the "Structure detection" section of the conversion dialog. If you set the option globally it will be used in future for all conversion automatically, but note the global setting wont work for books already converted previously even if you reconvert as saved conversion settings have precedence.
Thank you for the prompt reply I will have a look at that, I will leave the books already in Calibre as is, it's not a deal breaker for me not having the synopsis.
Graham44 is offline   Reply With Quote