Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So we'll be getting a new Basic and maybe a color Scribe. Remember, Amazon is only bringing out two Kindles.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM   #47
Frogm4n
Groupie
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I guess the only new device I might want is a PaperWhite 3 that is cheaper than the original PaperWhite 3. But not until after my original PaperWhite 3 dies.

My needs are meager. I'm happy with what I've got.
That's pretty much exactly what the Basic 2022 is, adding USB-C and more storage.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:33 AM   #48
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kindle Scribe & Kindle 2022
Deleted

Last edited by Dee Q; Yesterday at 09:36 AM. Reason: Nothing, I read too quickly.
Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM   #49
Scoob
Enthusiast
Scoob is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Keyboard, Nook ST
I wonder if anyone in the Amazon Kindle department actually uses a Kindle because I can't think of any reason why a brighter backlight is necessary and would be pitched as something that needed improvement. The highest I've ever gone on my Voyage has been a 6 and I felt that was too bright. Also why does the power button have to be on the bottom?

Hopefully the other to be released Kindle has more going for it than a bright light and an admittedly nice green color.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #50
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
The page doesn't exist anymore, at least from Spain.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM   #51
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Here's one - https://articulo.mercadolibre.cl/MLC...-mica-carg-_JM
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM   #52
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Thanks for this! A quick search on that site revealed what should then be the second 2024 device: an updated Paperwhite Signature edition.

Besides a 10% brighter screen there doesn’t seem to be any difference with the previous model, as far as I can tell.

Edit: This turned out to be incorrect, the shop mistakenly labeled the current gen Paperwhite Signature as a “2024 model”. Apologies for any false hopes!

Last edited by BionicGecko; Today at 01:02 AM.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM   #53
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Duplicate post, sorry.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #54
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
Thanks for this! A quick search on that site revealed what should then be the second 2024 device: an updated Paperwhite Signature edition.

Besides a 10% brighter screen there doesn’t seem to be any difference with the previous model, as far as I can tell.
It's not the new color Oasis I was hoping to see.

Last edited by JoeC; Yesterday at 02:47 PM. Reason: Incorrect information on current PaperWhite size.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #55
JoeC
Addict

There appears to be a video on that link that shows the new device in action.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM   #56
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
New base model kindle and new paperwhite signature model with minor enhancements maybe isn't the most exciting release we could have hoped for. Oh well.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM   #57
JoeC
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
New base model kindle and new paperwhite signature model with minor enhancements maybe isn't the most exciting release we could have hoped for. Oh well.
I agree. As speculated elsewhere, it seems Amazon continues to slow innovation in it's Kindle line while the competition advances.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM   #58
BionicGecko
Addict

Quote:
Good catch, it looks like it's 6.8" vs the current model which is 6.6". It's not the new color Oasis I was hoping to see.
I’m having doubts now about the reliability of this page; there are comments dating back to May on the “2024 Paperwhite signature” product page, and it does mention 11th generation (which is the previous one). So I think that shop might only have labeled it “2024” to attract customers who don’t know better.

The Amazon page for the current Paperwhite Signature also mentions this 10% brightness increase, so I think it might be a red herring.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM   #59
JoeC
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
I’m having doubts now about the reliability of this page; there are comments dating back to May on the “2024 Paperwhite signature” product page, and it does mention 11th generation (which is the previous one). So I think that shop might only have labeled it “2024” to attract customers who don’t know better.

The Amazon page for the current Paperwhite Signature also mentions this 10% brightness increase, so I think it might be a red herring.
Yes, I just noticed a reference to 300 ppp - we may just be looking at a typo ridden page. My dream of a new Oasis lives!
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM   #60
BionicGecko
Addict

Quote:
Yes, I just noticed a reference to 300 ppp - we may just be looking at a typo ridden page.
Yeah, looks like I got carried away in my excitement

Quote:
My dream of a new Oasis lives!
And mine of a color Kindle, although I’m trying not to keep my hopes too high