Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2024, 03:48 PM   #1
Augu0107
Augu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Dslibris (Nintendo new 2ds xl)
Exclamation Serious problem

I use dslibris on my new 2ds xl to read epub file and everything work. But now i was trying calibre to make my own epub to add to my reader dslibris but calibre not work and when i insert the book in the micro sd and i re open dslibris on my device when i open the book i recive a error. I think calibre should fix to make work with dslibris

The erro is:in the photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine 2024-09-22 214742.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	210958  
Augu0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 05:04 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you checked your epub with calibre's ebook-editor Check book tool? Have you installed the epubcheck plugin to see what errors it comes up with? Does the calibre viewer on your computer open the epub? Or ADE, Thorium, etc. on your computer?

And I'm not sure that I would call a device that was discontinued in 2020 a 'new' device. I'm going to assume that you are using dslibris 1.5.2-2?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2024, 10:38 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If your reader software is crashing when trying to read an epub that is a bug in the reader software and needs to be fixed there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 12:58 PM   #4
Augu0107
Augu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beautyAugu0107 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Dslibris (Nintendo new 2ds xl)

I think the problem is calibre because other epub file are reading: calibri read it but. I'm using dslibris 1.4.5
Augu0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 01:11 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And I'm not sure that I would call a device that was discontinued in 2020 a 'new' device.
The name of the device is literally 'New 2DS XL', lol. Nintendo's done this several times.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 01:48 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Rather than asking here, it would make far more sense to open an issue on the dslibris GitHub page https://github.com/rhaleblian/dslibris and work with the authors of it to track down the issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 05:42 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augu0107 View Post
I think the problem is calibre because other epub file are reading: calibri read it but. I'm using dslibris 1.4.5
Try updating to the latest version of dslibris from rhaleblian's dslibris github page as suggested earlier. I mean, v1.5.1 was released in 2018-Nov-22 and 1.4.9 was released on 2009-Nov-28 so 1.4.5 is pretty much an antique by computer standards.

If the ePub is not copyrighted, you could post a copy of it here so others can examine it. If if is copyrighted, get the Scramble Ebook plugin, scramble it and post the scrambled version here.

I will to admit to being amused by the Guru Meditation Error screenshot. Took me back to when I owned an Amiga.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 10:37 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augu0107 View Post
You are of course welcome to think that, but it wont get you anywhere.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error