Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-23-2024, 02:34 PM   #1
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast
nightmodeguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One
Kobo Saving Developers Mode Changes

On the Kobo Aura One it's possible to access the front light LEDs in developer's mode and change their balance. The problem is that the changes that I make are only good until I shut the device off. Is there a way to save these changes?

Thanks
nightmodeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 02:43 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmodeguy View Post
On the Kobo Aura One it's possible to access the front light LEDs in developer's mode and change their balance. The problem is that the changes that I make are only good until I shut the device off. Is there a way to save these changes?

Thanks
Do you meaning shutting it off or putting it to sleep?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 03:45 PM   #3
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast

Both.
Old 09-23-2024, 07:22 PM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If I'm not mistaken, the Aura One is the only model that has the LED configuration under the developer options, i.e. you're not supposed to use it for anything other than testing, and thus the changes are not saved.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 08:58 PM   #5
nightmodeguy
Enthusiast

I see the logic of what you're saying.

Does that not mean there might not be a workaround?

Thanks