Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old Today, 03:09 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm... when we used Youtube videos in coursework, the following is a much shorter version of the verbiage the district lawyers came up with:
And charging for such course work? I don't think most CC can be used in commercial package. It's free, but not PD.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Next March is the 40th anniversary of Multimedia via CD (only 650 Mbyte).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-ROM#History

Pretending multimedia is an ebook simply confuses people and won't meet most distribution channels for ebooks.s, real time 3D and other features that could be used to author real games?
You seem to be under the faulty impression that it has to one or the other (ebook or multimedia). Ebooks that contain multimedia don't stop being ebooks merely because of those inclusions. Your luddite approach to preserving an archaic definition of ebook amuses me. Had the door to door encyclopedia salesman been able to sell my family hardback Childcraft books that had embedded audio/video in their pages, he would have done so (and I and my siblings would have been enthralled with them). We still, however, would have called them books--with no confusion. The terms "book" or "ebook" need no protection. They will evolve (as all constructs do) over time. Fighting paradigm change is pointless.

Last edited by DiapDealer; Today at 08:57 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
And charging for such course work? I don't think most CC can be used in commercial package. It's free, but not PD.
I don't remember the district charging for courses offered to students enrolled in the district.

I do seem to remember that there are multiple varieties of CC licenses and only those labelled with a NC (non-commercial) were prohibited from being used in a commercial package.

What I did find humorous was that the licensing and attribution ended up in a part of the ePub3 package that was not visible unless you were editing the file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-12 085324.png
Views:	7
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	210136  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote