Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 02:19 AM   #1
Denodan1
Connoisseur
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Winter be buying books on kobo store, here is why.......

Was looking at books on the Kobo store and Amazon store, and the series of books I want are 2x more expensive here than Amazon. So cheaper to buy them on Amazon then convert them to my kobo clara
Denodan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
Was looking at books on the Kobo store and Amazon store, and the series of books I want are 2x more expensive here than Amazon. So cheaper to buy them on Amazon then convert them to my kobo clara
You can price match Kobo with Amazon.

The other thing you can do is travel with Kobo travel and go to someplace like India where if the book is available, you may be able to get it cheaper then Amazon.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:26 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can price match Kobo with Amazon.
a) I can't find that.
b) it sounds like an awkward process, reading it here.
c) Often Kobo hasn't got it.
d) "Travelling" seems to have stopped working, so only Irish Kobo Store works, which is euro (Amazon expects Ireland to use US or UK, but the US prices & availability now seem to be just USD equivalents of UK store).

I use Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords and others.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #4
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I suspect Kobo travelling is going to be like travelling on HumbleBundle; use a VPN with an endpoint in the US, switch store to US, and use PayPal or a gift card.

Too much hassle for every day...

I've done it on Humble for geo-locked bundles I particularly wanted, but it's a rare occurrence for me.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #5
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The last time I travelled, a VPN was not necessary, but of course Kobo can tighten security at any time.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
a) I can't find that.
b) it sounds like an awkward process, reading it here.
c) Often Kobo hasn't got it.
d) "Travelling" seems to have stopped working, so only Irish Kobo Store works, which is euro (Amazon expects Ireland to use US or UK, but the US prices & availability now seem to be just USD equivalents of UK store).

I use Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords and others.
I traveled recently to India. I did not use a VPN. It just worked. So yes traveling on Kobo airlines works.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I think I've read somewhere that traveling without VPN only works for the US customers, but I could be wrong.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:07 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I traveled recently to India. I did not use a VPN. It just worked. So yes traveling on Kobo airlines works.
They no longer transit Shannon.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote