Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #1
Milanya
Enthusiast
Milanya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRC-T2
Pocketbook Touch Lux reading epub DRM

I would like to purchase an ebook from Barnes and Noble but I do not own a Nook. I have A PocketBook Touch Lux 4. It is supposed to be able to recognize epub DRM. Will I be able to read this book on my device? I know for sure that my reader cannot even see Amazon Books, but what about Barnes & Noble? Will I be able to read a Barnes and Noble book on my Pocketbook?
Milanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Last time I looked, Barnes & Noble did not use the standard Adobe Adept DRM. I vaguely remember that their variant was tied to the credit card registered with B&N but it could easily have changed since those days.

You might want to check the Did BN change DRM scheme AGAIN? thread in Barnes & Noble NOOK forum.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanya View Post
I would like to purchase an ebook from Barnes and Noble but I do not own a Nook. I have A PocketBook Touch Lux 4. It is supposed to be able to recognize epub DRM. Will I be able to read this book on my device? I know for sure that my reader cannot even see Amazon Books, but what about Barnes & Noble? Will I be able to read a Barnes and Noble book on my Pocketbook?
Kobo store will work.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote