Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2024, 08:06 PM   #1
flatspotting
flatspotting began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra colour
Add Calendar to Kobo Libra Colour?

I hope I am in the right place...

I recently got a Libra Colour and like it except one crucial thing, a calendar.

I am desperately after any way that I can add a calendar where I can simply pick a month and date and add notes. It seems like such an extremely basic feature to be missing, but I feel I may have to return it if I cannot get a way to do this, as I don't want to carry my weekly/monthly planner as well as my Libra around together

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!
flatspotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 08:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspotting View Post
I hope I am in the right place...

I recently got a Libra Colour and like it except one crucial thing, a calendar.

I am desperately after any way that I can add a calendar where I can simply pick a month and date and add notes. It seems like such an extremely basic feature to be missing, but I feel I may have to return it if I cannot get a way to do this, as I don't want to carry my weekly/monthly planner as well as my Libra around together

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!
Do you have a smartphone? If so, use the calendar on that.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 08:51 PM   #3
flatspotting

Trying to carry the phone less, right now I have a paper weekly planner I carry and my kindle, I was hoping this Libra could combine them. I was hoping to avoid the supernote but it's starting to feel that's my.only option
Old 06-25-2024, 09:03 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Trying to carry the phone less, right now I have a paper weekly planner I carry and my kindle, I was hoping this Libra could combine them. I was hoping to avoid the supernote but it's starting to feel that's my.only option
It is unless you want an Android based Reader where you can install a calendar app.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:04 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
And if someone needs to get a hold of you, nope. If you have an emergency, nope. So carry your phone.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:38 PM   #6
flatspotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And if someone needs to get a hold of you, nope. If you have an emergency, nope. So carry your phone.
The unreachable part is the point - but to each their own, I understand where you are coming from.

Do you happen to know if linkable PDF planners work on the kobo?
Old 06-25-2024, 11:30 PM   #7
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you're talking about something like Voja's My Daily Organiser, yes, it works on Kobo devices. Kobo primarily makes e-readers with a few models supporting notebooks, as well. Their functionality is very limited compared to an Android tablet, such as an Onyx Boox device. MDO would probably meet your needs for a calendar / daily planner on the Libra Colour, but the screen is a bit small:

https://www.mydeepguide.com/shop
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote