Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-24-2024, 10:57 AM   #1
bbarnett
bbarnett began at the beginning.

Device: none
meebook M7 partial comments/review

Personally, I like the device. It seems solid. It is easy to setup and use. Play store out of the box is handy.

However, this device has page turn buttons on one side, that side being wider. The logic being, that this is the side you hold it on.

Normal orientation is with this side on the right.

However, if you are left handed, you'll want to turn the device 180 degrees to read, so your left hand can hang onto the device, and so it can access the page turn buttons.

The same is true, when reading in bed. If laying on one side, you'll hold it with your right hand. If laying on your other side, the left.

The problem is that the power button is on the same side as the wide part/page turn buttons. So when you hold this beast in your left hand, the power button is directly under the palm of your hand. In other words?

You keep accidentally turning the device on and off.

What a colossal development failure. I'm guessing no one at Boyue dogfoods. Or reads in bed. Or is left handed.
bbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 01:25 AM   #2
Roadie
Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.Roadie actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Meebook M7
I have an M7 with a jelly cover on it, so i tried operating it left handed. I couldnt make the on off button activate, no matter how I tried..
Might help?
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert