Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-31-2024, 06:42 AM   #151
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolgan View Post
Interesting, do you know what plugin the bird icon one is associated with? The green check is the plugin linked to this thread, and the one I'm currently using.
The ladybug icon is for calibre Check Book tool, not a plugin.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 07:06 AM   #152
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
The ladybug icon is for calibre Check Book tool, not a plugin.
Thanks.
it seems to ignore some errors, but offers to fix filenames and IDs that may or may not be an issue.
So I always run it first and then this one at the start of an edit session and after each major session.
I also see what the TOC editor/tool has as there may be items missing or broken.
I might sometimes also use the Fonts tool.

I run the remove excess/duplicate CSS tool after editing 3rd party ebooks. Some may have 100s of unused items or many become duplicates or unused after "fixing" formatting.

I never have an issue on Amazon KDP, Google Playstore Books or Smashwords (who feed Apple, Kobo, Barnes&Noble etc) after a "no errors" on this tool after doing all the other stuff.

So much appreciated.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 07:35 AM   #153
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
After updating to Calibre 7.11, running epubcheck in the editor doesn't return any results. Just runs and the results pane does not load.
I did not have a problem with epubcheck in 7.11 and I've tested it in 7.12 and again no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 07:39 AM   #154
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Thanks.
it seems to ignore some errors, but offers to fix filenames and IDs that may or may not be an issue.
So I always run it first and then this one at the start of an edit session and after each major session.
I also see what the TOC editor/tool has as there may be items missing or broken.

I run the remove excess/duplicate CSS tool after editing 3rd party ebooks. Some may have 100s of unused items or many become duplicates or unused after "fixing" formatting.

I never have an issue on Amazon KDP, Google Playstore Books or Smashwords (who feed Apple, Kobo, Barnes&Noble etc) after a "no errors" on this tool after doing all the other stuff.

So much appreciated.
I do run the calibre check and make sure it comes up with no errors and I also make sure that epubcheck also comes up with no errors. Each can catch errors the other misses.
Old 05-31-2024, 07:52 AM   #155
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
After updating to Calibre 7.11, running epubcheck in the editor doesn't return any results. Just runs and the results pane does not load.
The plugin worked fine with Calibre 7.11 and Calibre 7.12 on my Windows 11 machine. What's your operating system?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 10:20 AM   #156
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The plugin worked fine with Calibre 7.11 and Calibre 7.12 on my Windows 11 machine. What's your operating system?
And are you also running a 64-bit Java?
Old 05-31-2024, 10:22 AM   #157
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Thanks.

So much appreciated.
I've never had an issue with any Reader with eBooks that have passed the calibre check and epubcheck or Flightcrew (for Sigil back when) and epubckeck.

One thing I have found that works well is that calibre's check does do a more extensive check on the CSS then epubcheck.
Old 06-22-2024, 04:02 PM   #158
Wolgan
Enthusiast
Wolgan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And are you also running a 64-bit Java?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Sorry for the late reply, life hit me and this is the first chance I've had to look at this again.

The problem is resolved. In a surprise to likely nobody in this thread (except me, because I didn't read through it enough), my Java path was messed up. Installing java update didn't set the path correctly and that coincided roughly with the time I updated to Calibre 7.11. Manually set the path in EpubCheck.json and works like a charm now.

Thank you!
Wolgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 04:28 PM   #159
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've never had an issue with any Reader with eBooks that have passed the calibre check and epubcheck or Flightcrew (for Sigil back when) and epubckeck.

One thing I have found that works well is that calibre's check does do a more extensive check on the CSS then epubcheck.
If you are using Sigil, you can install the CSSValidator plugin. There are other plugins for removing unused CSS from stylesheets, removing non-existent CSS from the HTML files and converting inline styles to a stylesheet.

OTOH, I use calibre's editor for consolidating duplicate stylesheet entries, etc. Both Sigil and calibre's editor do things the other doesn't and so I use both.

Getting back to the EpubCheck plugin, I have found too damn often that installing an update, breaks the link to the java executable.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-22-2024 at 04:34 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote