Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2022, 09:41 AM   #1
petrj
petrj began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 4
627: Touchscreen stopped working correctly after OTA update to 6.5

Hi,

i've just bought used PB 627. After first switching on everything worked perfectly including touchscreen. I tried to transfer couple of books via Calibre a tried read some books. Everything went OK. Then I logged into my wifi and the first thing was the question about upgrade appeared. I tapped "Yes" and all went fine. Couple of minutes ago the device restarted with no error on screen. But since then the touch screen made the reader unusable. It was almost impossible hit the place I wanted. I noticed that the finger tap is detected somewhere else. Then I tried to reset to factory with no effect to the issue.
I asked previous owner whether the display is the original one or it was replaced in the past. He told me the display is the original one. According his information he updated the device couple month ago so I presume the firmware I bought the reader with was 6.3. My next step was downgrade to 6.3 with no luck. Again factory reset, display calibration even format internal memory. (Each setting after factory reset is f***g work, because there is not possibility to change language (luckily it's not necessary) and hit checkboxes (legal and privacy agreements in the newer firmwares) is a job to make me really angry.)
After no success with 6.3 version I tried all available firmwares (the oldest one is 5.20 for now) and the behavior is still the same.
Is there some "non invasion" method how to detect where the problem is? Could it be a HW issue? Do you guys have some advise or recommendation? I tried all I could as far as I know.
I'm in contact with customer care but it seems they don't want make much effort to help me because they sent me email with the recommendation to perform display calibration and my ticket was closed. But we will see...

Thanks for any help.
petrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:42 AM   #2
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Service Firmware 6.3.499 for 3 Model's TouchScreen (XH7, XCD_G, XCD_Y):
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/QvehLfoHiGw14w

Source:
https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?show...entry106514560
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 07:19 AM   #3
petrj

Thanks a lot!! I'll give it try.
Old 06-01-2022, 06:25 AM   #4
petrj

Flashing XH7 version of the linked Service firmware solved the problem! Then OTA update to the newest version went OK and everything is still working perfectly!!

Thanks again, kaznelson!
Old 06-22-2024, 03:25 AM   #5
saga sing
saga sing began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Lux 3
touchscreen of PB626 plus/ touch lux3 not responding after few minutes of usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post

Source:
I face the same problem on PB 626 touch lux 3 device. Ive tried various firmware versions (downgrades and upgrades)..after the touchscreen had become unresponsive and erratic.
Finally i have version U626.5.20.1157.
I have realised that if i keep my device off for a long time and then switch it on. For a few minutes after turing ON, the touch Screen works when i also make physical touch onto any metallic surface like sd slot casing etc behind( i have opened up the back cover and it seems i need to also have some contact with the inside part like usb port/ sd slot metallic casing for the touch screen to function). However after few minutes the touch screen stops responding, the light on the power button glows each time the screen is touched but.. . the physical keys are working though allowing to shift forward or backward if a document is open. But selection on the screen is not possible, rendering the device unusable after few minutes.

is there is possible software solution ?
Any help possible? , it would mean a lot!!
saga sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 01:33 AM   #6
litrpguy
Enthusiast
litrpguy began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Vision 6, Nook Glowlight 4
same issue but for touch lux 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post

Source:
Do you have the service firmware for the touch lux 5?
litrpguy is offline   Reply With Quote