Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-18-2024, 08:35 PM   #37336
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
CBC is reporting a heat dome for my province. Environment Canada says to expect a humidex of 37 to 41 C. I have thermoregulation issues. Oh dear.
Just to the west of you in NB.
"Maximum temperature Wednesday: 30 to 35 degrees Celsius (Humidex 38 to 45)"
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 01:30 AM   #37337
Julie Paradise
Enthusiast
Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julie Paradise ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW Scribe Palma Poke5 NovaAir2 NA3C TUC Max2 TabX A6X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Another thing I think is wrong is parent and child spaces being near the from of the store. They aren't disabled so they don't need to be near the entrance. I have parked in a mother and child space before on purpose when I've had my mother with me in the car. We fit the bill. It doesn't say the child has to be a baby.
Have you ever tried to reach the entrance of a mall or supermarket with two or three toddlers or children in tow, maybe a stroller, navigating through cars driving around that parking lot looking for a space? After the shopping a shopping cart is added, so one cannot even hold the child anymore or needs one hand for the shopping cart and the other for the stroller ...

Imagine this very real scenario (for me it was, we also had some very young foster children for years) and tell me again that parent & child parking near the entrance is superfluous.
Julie Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 09:09 AM   #37338
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The parking lot issue can be a pain. Since Covid, most Target stores have added many Drive Up spaces. These are usually near the doors, as are the Handicap spaces. This means that shoppers who are actually going into the store end up parking further out.

A couple of the Target stores near me have moved or are in the process of moving the Drive Up spaces to the perimeters of the lot, which has helped. But it seemed counter productive at a time they were encouraging in store shopping, while make it more difficult to do so.

We raised 4 kids, and managed with regular parking places. We were all healthy and able bodied. I don't recall ever taking a stroller into a grocery/department store that offered carts. I didn't often take all 4 kids by myself, especially into a grocery store.

Special needs kids of course have special needs, such as handicap parking spots.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 01:52 PM   #37339
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
We raised 4 kids, and managed with regular parking places. We were all healthy and able bodied. I don't recall ever taking a stroller into a grocery/department store that offered carts. I didn't often take all 4 kids by myself, especially into a grocery store.
You are a braver person than me. I had qualms about taking both kids into a grocery store.

This discussion has triggered a trip down memory to remember one lady who was very upset that we had our son on a leash. Evidently we were going to warp him for life by treating him like an animal.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 02:08 PM   #37340
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
This discussion has triggered a trip down memory to remember one lady who was very upset that we had our son on a leash. Evidently we were going to warp him for life by treating him like an animal.
The son darting out into the road and getting hit by a car would probably warp him more.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 02:28 PM   #37341
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
And I'm pretty sure that so small a kid knows exactly that he is being treated like an animal, not like a human...
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 02:30 PM   #37342
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
And I'm pretty sure that so small a kid knows exactly that he is being treated like an animal, not like a human...
Well, we're not plants.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 02:31 PM   #37343
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Well, we're not plants.
How old were you when you learned that?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 03:42 PM   #37344
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
You are a braver person than me. I had qualms about taking both kids into a grocery store.

It may not have been the leash so much as the spiked choke collar you attached it to.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 06:12 PM   #37345
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I usually did the grocery shopping in the evenings, and left the kids with their dad. Back then I picked up my Great Aunt and took her, we went every 2 weeks. When the boys got older, 8-9, I would take one of them to help sometimes. I just don't remember ever having to take all the kids with me to the grocery.

Malls and shopping centers yes, but not the grocery. It was already too crowded in most of the stores, I had no interest in adding to the confusion with a bunch of kids. They were better off at home.
Old 06-20-2024, 10:25 AM   #37346
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

When she was a tiny tot my oldest daughter wanted to wear a harness when we went out as it meant that I wasn't holding onto her hand or strapping her into a car seat/stroller.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 03:42 AM   #37347
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I can't express how much I hate people being loud with their phone on public transport. Which can be talking on speaker phone, playing music out loud or, like I experienced last night, watching something on their phone with full volume.

I came home last night from going to the cinema and there was someone watching football/soccer on his phone at full volume. Get some earphones!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 07:17 AM   #37348
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I can't express how much I hate people being loud with their phone on public transport. Which can be talking on speaker phone, playing music out loud or, like I experienced last night, watching something on their phone with full volume.

I came home last night from going to the cinema and there was someone watching football/soccer on his phone at full volume. Get some earphones!
I’m with you on that, and it seems that bad habit is spreading, I’ve just had my last physical therapy session on the hospital, I’ve been going 2 days per week since February and every day there was at least one person on the waiting room watching something on their phone with the sound high enough for everyone else to ear.

Being the way I am my first instinct it to tell them to turn it down or put on some earphones, I have to bite my tong to refrain. When I was in hospital the person in the bed next to mine turned on the music out loud, I had to ask her to use some earphones, luckily she did, she said she was distracted and didn’t notice that she didn’t had them on.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 08:22 AM   #37349
Deskisamess
Wizard

People using speaker phone option in public. While standing in line, sitting in waiting rooms, shopping in the grocery/mall/hardware store. I don't want to hear about your cousin's car wreck, grandpa's dementia, or your boyfriend's betrayal.

When I worked at a hair salon, there was a customer who would constantly be on her phone, using the speaker phone. The stylist would stop whatever she was doing, and say she wouldn't finish if the customer didn't get off the phone. After a couple of times, the customer stopped coming in, like it was the stylist who was being rude. I saw this gal try to use her phone while her head was in the shampoo bowl.

Speaking of waiting rooms, many have televisions, turned up very loud. I find that annoying, especially the ones in doctor's offices that are playing some sort of medical help videos etc. What is wrong with just having QUIET? I know my hearing is very sensitive, and stuff that bugs me seems to not bother most others. But geez, we don't need audio stimulant 24/7.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:18 AM   #37350
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
People using speaker phone option in public. While standing in line, sitting in waiting rooms, shopping in the grocery/mall/hardware store. I don't want to hear about your cousin's car wreck, grandpa's dementia, or your boyfriend's betrayal.

When I worked at a hair salon, there was a customer who would constantly be on her phone, using the speaker phone. The stylist would stop whatever she was doing, and say she wouldn't finish if the customer didn't get off the phone. After a couple of times, the customer stopped coming in, like it was the stylist who was being rude. I saw this gal try to use her phone while her head was in the shampoo bowl.

Speaking of waiting rooms, many have televisions, turned up very loud. I find that annoying, especially the ones in doctor's offices that are playing some sort of medical help videos etc. What is wrong with just having QUIET? I know my hearing is very sensitive, and stuff that bugs me seems to not bother most others. But geez, we don't need audio stimulant 24/7.

Me too on the speaker in public.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness