Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-21-2024, 12:15 AM   #1
lightmaster
lightmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 10th gen; Kobo Libra 2
KOReader to Calibre wireless connection, error about UUID

I'm experiencing an issue between KOReader (nightly build 2024-06-19) and Calibre (7.12.0). Not sure which of the 2 is causing the issue. When I connect to Calibre wirelessly from KOReader and I already have a library folder setup on KOReader with a metadata file, I will get an error in Calibre complaining about "uuid". If I click Ok and then try to view the device's library in Calibre, it doesn't find any books on the device.

If it makes a difference, my device is a Kobo Libra Colour, which is why I'm running the nightly build of KOReader cuz the official release doesn't yet support the new reader.

Steps to reproduce
  1. Start with an empty inbox folder in KOReader
  2. Wirelessly connect to Calibre (no error on connection)
  3. Send a book to KOReader and see the book show up in KOReader.
  4. Disconnect from Calibre
  5. Connect back to Calibre from KOReader.
  6. Get error message in Calibre:

Code:
calibre, version 7.12.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'uuid'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 111, in run
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 565, in _books
  File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 57, in _synchronizer
  File "calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.py", line 1316, in books
KeyError: 'uuid'
lightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 04:55 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to devices forum. This post isn't about calibre development
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 04:58 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The wireless driver works fine with legacy calibre companion. I have no idea why it doesn't work with koreader. You need to ask in the koreader forum.

There was this bug report reporting the identical exception with koreader where the user found the fix.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote