Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2024, 07:35 PM   #1
H644b
H644b began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Post Custom Boot Screens For All Kindles.

I couldn't find any post talking about this so I decided to do some digging and found a way to have custom bootscreens. (Pretty sure it works on every kindle released as long as its jailbroken)

WARNING: This involves doing things in root (/) so only do this if you know what you are doing and are not afraid of bricking your device.

Anyways heres how to do it:

First make sure your kindle is jailbroken and has USBNetwork installed.

Then ssh into / or run "cd /" on your kindle like you would normally do with the extension.

Now make sure you have sftp installed and mount your kindle on.

Now head to /usr/share/blanket/* (The * represents all folders)

All the folders you see in that directory are self-explanatory, download whatever default boot screen you want.

Change it in your desired image editor and then upload it back with the SAME filename.

Optional: Backup the default/original boot screens for future reference or if you want to revert it to normal.

Hope you enjoy!! I found this interesting to me so hopefully it is the same to you guys.

Last edited by H644b; 06-19-2024 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Typo pointed out by #2
H644b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 08:47 AM   #2
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by H644b View Post
Now head to /usr/share/blanket/* (The * represents all folders)
​typo
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 09:33 AM   #3
H644b
H644b began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Oops sorry.

Also make sure to use "mntroot rw" to enable read and write access to edit those files.

This is a big risk if you keep it on so after you are done copying the images, run mntroot r

Last edited by H644b; 06-19-2024 at 09:36 AM.
H644b is offline   Reply With Quote