Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2024, 09:13 AM   #1
runofthemillgeek
runofthemillgeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Question Libra 2 not mounting on macOS Sequoia Dev Beta

Sort of a PSA + request for help post. I upgraded my machines to macOS Sequoia Dev Beta and I noticed that my Libra 2 is not getting mounted post upgrade. I tested it on two different MacBooks (sadly I got ahead of myself and upgraded both) with different kinds of cables although, the same cables worked without a hitch before. Disk Utility shows the following after connecting and tapping on the prompt that appears on the Kobo: https://imgur.com/a/8icqhJM

If there's any workaround to fix this or if you're in the same boat, please let me know.
runofthemillgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 12:56 PM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->L2->iOS/CBW
I am not sure what cables you are using. Mac's can be finicky when it comes to connecting Kobo devices. I found my AuraH20, L2, and CBW would have issues if I use the USB-C cables with my silicone macs. I always use a USB Dongle/Hub with a USB 2.0 out port that I then plug in the Kobo via a USB-C cable. Not sure if this issue is the same as yours, but there are many links on a google search about issues with Kobo's connecting to USB-C ports on Macs.

Last edited by slantybard; 06-16-2024 at 03:39 PM.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 01:09 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by runofthemillgeek View Post
Sort of a PSA + request for help post. I upgraded my machines to macOS Sequoia Dev Beta and I noticed that my Libra 2 is not getting mounted post upgrade. I tested it on two different MacBooks (sadly I got ahead of myself and upgraded both) with different kinds of cables although, the same cables worked without a hitch before. Disk Utility shows the following after connecting and tapping on the prompt that appears on the Kobo: https://imgur.com/a/8icqhJM

If there's any workaround to fix this or if you're in the same boat, please let me know.
MacOS can be a pain at the best of times. A beta can be even more of a pain. I suggest you go back to the last release OS. If you can't because Apple doesn't allow this, then you'll have to start over. You should have put the beta on a USB stick and used it from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 02:27 PM   #4
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Create a „backup“ via Time Machine so that you can do a system wipe and restore your data.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 12:07 PM   #5
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There are times that my Kobo doesn't show up in Calibre. I have installed NickelMenu, and in that the option to connect via USB. I find that selecting USB connection in NickelMenu often forces the Kobo to show up properly on my Mac. I have not installed the beta.

Of course, you can't configure NickelMenu without a USB connection, so this might be a catch-22 answer.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 12:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post
There are times that my Kobo doesn't show up in Calibre. I have installed NickelMenu, and in that the option to connect via USB. I find that selecting USB connection in NickelMenu often forces the Kobo to show up properly on my Mac. I have not installed the beta.

Of course, you can't configure NickelMenu without a USB connection, so this might be a catch-22 answer.
Might be best to Find a friend with a Windows system where the Kobo will show up as a drive letter. Just make sure you don't use notepad to make the NickelMenu config as it could cause line ending problems. See if you are allowed to install Notepad++.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 09:56 PM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Libra 2 not mounting on macOS Sequoia Dev Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post

I have this problem with all of my Kobos on my iMac even with the USB hub trick. I also installed the USB connection menu item using nickel menu and that seems to make a reliable connection every time.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libra 2, sequoia