Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-17-2024, 11:09 AM   #2971
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can the device settings for Kobo Utilities be changed to use the device serial number as the identifier?
Yes, if someone is willing to do the work then maintain the change.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 03:23 PM   #2972
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can the device settings for Kobo Utilities be changed to use the device serial number as the identifier?
Are you volunteering to do so?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 04:04 PM   #2973
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Are you volunteering to do so?
Nope.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:27 PM   #2974
tadas
tadas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Use Calibre date for kobo upload?

I have over 8,000 books I want to upload to a fresh Kobo Libra 2, and I don't want them all to have a July 6, 2024 date. I'd like them to have the Calibre date, which ranges from 2013 to today.. The only useful thing I found was a two year old Reddit thread, where someone named Ricardo Neves said

Quote:
I've used Kobo Utilities.

It got close to the way being shown in Calibre, but not exactly like it was shown in Calibre (so I had to pick the closest option/result).

Asked it to update metadata and sort books by "file timestamps", this option was the one that got the closest to the one being shown in Calibre software.
I can't find his options anywhere in Kobo Utilities. Can you help? Thanks!
tadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:42 PM   #2975
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm not sure this is exactly what he refers to, but in the past I've used the last read column and 'store/restore current bookmark':

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-07-06 18_40_59-Customize Kobo Utilities.png
Views:	13
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	209416

I switch this to my custom #kobodate column, disable storing on connect, and then use 'store/restore current bookmarks' to put the date on device.

It only takes custom columns. You can use template search & replace (program: raw_field('timestamp')) to copy the Calibre dates to one.

Also note that after send, you need to disconnect and let Kobo import the books to its internal database before restoring bookmarks has effect.

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 05:52 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:23 PM   #2976
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What I use when moving books to a new device are the Update Metadata in Device Library and the Store/Restore Bookmarks tools in Kobo Utilities. Updata Metadata using the Date as I have set it uses the date the book was added to calibre as the date added for your Kobo. The Store/Restore Bookmarks tool transfers reading status, finished, etc. to the new Kobo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-06 151812.png
Views:	11
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	209417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-06 151857.png
Views:	7
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	209418  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags