Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 05:26 AM   #1
Pbotias
Pbotias began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Brick after firmware update fails

Hi! First post on this forum, so thank you everyone for this huge community.

I've been reading some threads but couldn't manage to find a solution to my problem. My Clara HD is stuck at "Updating, please wait" screen and hard reset via power button is not working. Do you think is there a solution to my device?
Old 06-16-2024, 09:30 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbotias View Post
Hi! First post on this forum, so thank you everyone for this huge community.

I've been reading some threads but couldn't manage to find a solution to my problem. My Clara HD is stuck at "Updating, please wait" screen and hard reset via power button is not working. Do you think is there a solution to my device?
I'm not sure if this is the only solution, but you might need to go to this thread...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ht=kobo+images

...And request a microSD image for your Clara HD. I believe the instructions on how to use this image are listed in this thread.

There are others here who are much knowledgeable than I am about this, however — so you may want to wait for more responses.
Old 06-16-2024, 11:36 AM   #3
Pbotias

Thank you rcentros. I think so too, that could be the best option. Let’s somebody confirm it before I “dismantle” the device.
Old 06-16-2024, 08:21 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it may be worth, my opinion is that writing the firmware image to a new µSD card and installing it in our Clara HD is a relatively cheap way of attempting to restore your Clara HD to working. Sadly, µSD cards seem to be one of the main points of failure.
Old 06-17-2024, 01:01 AM   #5
Pbotias

Thank you, DNSB. Let’s try then. I already reques the firmware, hope it comes with instructions.
Old 06-17-2024, 10:26 AM   #6
Pbotias

It’s alive! Reinstalling firmware on a new sd card solved the problem. Thank you both!
Old 06-17-2024, 02:43 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Great to hear that your Clara HD is back to working!

I'm closing this thread now.

If anyone else wants to request firmware, please use the Kobo µSD Card Image Requests thread.
Closed Thread