Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-03-2024, 06:26 PM   #16
mdpeterson42
mdpeterson42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Also on your map in THE LITTLE GLASS BOTTLE, Austrailia should be spelt Australia.
I've never read that author, so it is possible it should be that way... but I doubt it.
Thank you. I made the decision to leave in all of the spelling and grammar errors from the original.
mdpeterson42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 06:26 PM   #17
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I took a look at the Amazon preview. It does not look good. In fact, it looks awful. It's left justified with paragraph spaces. Is that the way it really is formatted?
Thank you for the blunt critique. I probably needed to hear that!
Old 06-04-2024, 05:10 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpeterson42 View Post
Thank you for your feedback. I liked the aesthetics after playing around with different options, but I definitely do not want it to be off-putting to readers, so I am instituting your suggestions.

I have one question though:

In my version, each story does start on its own page, so I am not sure why it is looking that way to you. Could you give me a little more detail?

Thanks so much!

I was wrong on that, due to having only used the Look Inside feature on Amazon, which is simply a scrolling document. My apologies for that error.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 05:42 AM   #19
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Thank you for the blunt critique. I probably needed to hear that!
No you do not need it. You formatted the collection the way you preferred it. Calling that awful is directly impolite.
I am one of the apparantly rare persons that prefer left justified. I would prefer no paragraph spaces, but the spacing is no big deal to me and I bought your collection.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 06:24 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
IMO, When an eBook is left justified and/or has paragraph spaces, it looks poorly made.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 02:09 AM   #21
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
No you do not need it. You formatted the collection the way you preferred it. Calling that awful is directly impolite.
I am one of the apparantly rare persons that prefer left justified. I would prefer no paragraph spaces, but the spacing is no big deal to me and I bought your collection.
Thank you!
Old 06-12-2024, 05:25 PM   #22
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackm8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I'm happy to send an epub file to anyone willing to write an honest review as well.

I hope you enjoy!

MD Peterson
I'm up for epub. I've never had an interest in Lovecraft, and If I would develop one, I'd go for pdf from database, so I don't think that I would ever be a market for collection, but I can give you an opinion on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Also on your map in THE LITTLE GLASS BOTTLE, Austrailia should be spelt Australia.
I've never read that author, so it is possible it should be that way... but I doubt it.
It is Austrailia intentionally and originally: https://archive.org/details/1896thel...craft/mode/2up
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 04:15 AM   #23
mdpeterson42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
I'm up for epub. I've never had an interest in Lovecraft, and If I would develop one, I'd go for pdf from database, so I don't think that I would ever be a market for collection, but I can give you an opinion on it.
Please feel free to send me a message with your email address and I can send you the file.
Old 06-15-2024, 11:18 AM   #24
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Hi all,

I just published what I consider to be the best H.P. Lovecraft collection
I took a quick look at the preview on Amazon.

* The first paragraph of any chapter or after a heading should not have a first line indent. (First line indents are to show that a new paragraph has started. That's not needed after a heading.) Take a look at any printed book with chapters.

* In the Foreword you have many instances of straight quotes " when you should be using curly quotes “”. In the last paragraph you use curly quotes.

* You should decide how you're going to indicate titles, direct quotations, special words, and hints of sarcasm. Italics for titles is good, double quotes for direct quotations is good. For other uses I recommend single quotes. Using double quotes for everything looks a bit odd.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote