Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 02:10 AM   #1
Huskey
Huskey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
File Move

Can I please have some help? I moved all my books from folder A to folder B. I then opended the latest Calibre, opened the books from the new folder. No problem except all listed books refer to the old folder and also, all books were reinstalled in the old folder but not deleted from the new folder.
How can I achieve that Calibre only feeds from the new folder and books don't get copied back into the old folder?
Many thanks for your help.
Huskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 04:03 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#why-doesn-t-calibre-let-me-store-books-in-my-own-folder-structure//
The can only be ONE (Library Manager)

Last edited by theducks; 06-13-2024 at 04:06 AM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 04:54 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
If you want to create a new library with the contents of an old library, you can open the Switch/Create Library option and then use the Move current library to new location tool to move your current library to a new location. There are other ways but this is likely the easiest.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:03 PM   #4
Huskey
Huskey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@DNSB Many thanks for your help. It worked. Just one thing is missing and I can't remember how I did it because I haven't used Calibre for years. At the time I made a column with my personal notes about the book. These were automatically added to the book description. Can you see any chance of getting this column back?
Huskey is offline   Reply With Quote