Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-12-2024, 11:36 AM   #1
phm92190
phm92190 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How to format {comments} in custom column?

Hi,
not sure where to put this question.
I created a custom column to display the comments field of the book record (limited to the beginning of the comment that fits in the column width).

It works but it shows the "source html" of the comment (often beginning with <div> or <p>).

Is there a way to display this column in the "normal" format of the comment, or to just display the text of the comment (hiding and ignoring the html tags) ?

phm92190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 12:17 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
In the settings for the column, do you have HTML for Interpret this column as...?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 04:53 PM   #3
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
My workaround is setting a Column Icon, see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-06-12 17_42_00-Create_edit a column icon rule.png
Views:	19
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	208822

here's my setup:

Name:	2024-06-12 17_42_44-Edit custom column.png
Views:	22
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	208823

so, before the icon it looked like this...

Name:	before column icon.png
Views:	16
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	208824

then after setting the column icon, it looks fine, although I need to mouse hover over the cell to see the comment in the tooltip:

Name:	after column icon.png
Views:	16
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	208825
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 08:35 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

I do something similar. But I turned off Book list tooltips when I first installed calibre… version 0.8.?. So, I move imported Comments to a custom Long text column (Blurb/#blurb) and press F2 on the Blurb icon. This also means I can edit Blurb in the book list.

I have metadata edit search and replace saved settings that copy Comments to Blurb, clear Comments, and copy Blurb to Comments (rarely used).

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote