Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2024, 07:34 AM   #1
liklev
liklev began at the beginning.

Device: boox palma, note2
ebook-polish hyphenation

Hi everyone,
i can't figure out, what hyphenation dictionary the ebook-polish command-line tool uses.
(i was using the hyphenate this plugin, but after upgrading calibre to v.7.12 its gui does not start any more -just error messages, settings fine, but not the conversion part)
so for the plugin i have installed my own language hyph-dic.

might be nice to add a "switch" to ebook-polish, to choose a custom dictionary, for hyphenation.

cheers, lev
liklev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 09:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It uses calibre's builtin dictionaries and if you want tp install additional dictionaries do it via the calibre Edit book tool's preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 02:10 AM   #3
liklev
liklev began at the beginning.

Device: boox palma, note2
thanks, will do.
meanwhile i discovered, that the "hyphenate this" got a wrong built dictionary file, and the python caused errors upon zero length string entries in that hyphenation dictionary.
i replaced the .dic file. now from an .oxt works nicely.

best regards, lev
liklev is offline   Reply With Quote