Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-07-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
kmillard
kmillard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Conversion suddenly failing

I have been using Calibre for a long time, and usually convert library books to read on my Kindle with no problem. I got a new computer this week, installed Calibre, and am having strange problems: no downloads show the cover of the book, but, much more importantly, every book I try to convert gives me a DSM error and fails. This has never happened before. As it is useless right now, any suggestions would be appreciated.
kmillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 07:04 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You probably didn't install the deDRM plugin. Without that plugin Calibre can't remove the DRM.

You can download the plugin here:
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools

Note that after installing the plugin you'll have to re-import the books, as DRM removal doesn't work on the books already in the library.

Last edited by Sirtel; 06-07-2024 at 07:07 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 07:18 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You probably didn't install the deDRM plugin. Without that plugin Calibre can't remove the DRM.

You can download the plugin here:
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools

Note that after installing the plugin you'll have to re-import the books, as DRM removal doesn't work on the books already in the library.
Here is the URL for the current alpha release. Its the latest release.

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools_autorelease/tags
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 11:20 AM   #4
kmillard
kmillard began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the help! That was the issue, and it is now working. Whew! It has been a long time since I had to set it up.
kmillard is offline   Reply With Quote