Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-29-2024, 06:53 PM   #1
artistsansmedium
artistsansmedium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Colors in cover art altered when loaded in Calibre

My cover art looks the way want it to in preview on my Mac, or Affinity Photo where I created it (or in Photoshop or any other program), but the colors are altered when I bring it into Calibre (edit meta data and change the cover art, specify the file). Is it not honoring the color profile specified, or using some other color profile, does anyone know? The attachment showing the colors as lighter is the way I want it - the darker version is what Calibre does.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 3.51.53 PM.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	208576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 3.51.05 PM.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	208577  
artistsansmedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 07:09 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you THEN embed in the book?
I am not sure the cover gets replaced on a standard Send to...
It might be the internal cover you see
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 08:07 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by artistsansmedium View Post
My cover art looks the way want it to in preview on my Mac, or Affinity Photo where I created it (or in Photoshop or any other program), but the colors are altered when I bring it into Calibre (edit meta data and change the cover art, specify the file). Is it not honoring the color profile specified, or using some other color profile, does anyone know? The attachment showing the colors as lighter is the way I want it - the darker version is what Calibre does.
The two images are a different size. That means it's user error.

What you want to do is set calibre to not change your cover. To do that, you want to go to...

Preferences > Common options > Page setup

For Output profile, set Tablet
For Input profile, set Default profile

This will set calibre to not make any changes to your graphics.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote