Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-05-2024, 10:30 PM   #1
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
BOOX Go tablet line released

Go series page

https://shop.boox.com/products/go103 10.3" 300dpi Carta 1200 with stylus support but without frontlight.

https://shop.boox.com/products/gocolor7 7" 300/150dpi Kaleido 3, page turn buttons

Last edited by Frogm4n; 06-06-2024 at 09:40 AM.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 05:33 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogm4n View Post
10.3" 300dpi Carta 1200 with stylus support but without frontlight.
I like thin as much as the next person, but no light is crazy.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 07:42 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I like thin as much as the next person, but no light is crazy.
I think it's too thin to be stable.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 08:48 AM   #4
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
The Go 10.3 could be intriguing, but it needs to have excellent contrast (better than any Boox device I have seen) to be enjoyable without a frontlight!
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 09:37 AM   #5
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I really like the colour and finally getting 300 PPI on an Android e-ink device. I don't care much for thinness or it being lightweight, though, and I'm not sure the possible trade-offs are worth it. I'd rather have an SD card slot and a bigger battery.

It might be more fragile with the thin frame, too.

I might buy it if the screen is really sharp and has high contrast. The lack of frontlight is not too bad, considering how bad the frontlight is anyway on my Boox devices; I'd rather have the improved screen. However, if it has a screen protector like the Air 3 for improved writing feel, then that improvement might be lost anyway.

I'll wait for some reviews and for Boox to release whatever Pro version they have in mind before making a choice.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 11:11 AM   #6
DanyDanman
DanyDanman began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Go 10.3
Hi,

I want to root the boox go 10.3. I have multiple guides for older models.

Can some point me to steps do this for boox go 10.3?
Also will there be some else with more rooting experience trying to root the device?
DanyDanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 11:32 AM   #7
DanyDanman

Just read the boox go 7 topic. I will wait patiently.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:35 AM   #8
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyDanman View Post
I want to root the boox go 10.3.
We're just going through this now with the GoColor7.

Do you have ADB enabled yet on this?
Could you please:
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ cd /system/priv-app/OnyxOtaService/lib/arm64
$ cp libota_jni.so /sdcard
$ ^D
C:\>adb pull sdcard/libota_jni.so
And post that file.

Could you also:
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ cat proc/cpuinfo
Could you just chop down the x8 middle part to just one of them and post it here.

Have you experience with EDL yet?
You can use my EDL client (in my sig). Read the insns and load the WinUSB driver with Zadig.
Code:
C:\>adb reboot edl
C:\>edl /l
-- long power button press to reset your device --
Just post that too. There's nothing secret there.

Thanks! I hope that I gave you enough to do.

Edit: Your device is a "Go103"
Also, I think it's only Android 11, although the specs say Android 12.

Hey, for extra credit:
Code:
ls -l /dev/block
Just say whether you see lots of mmcblk or sda, sdb...

Last edited by Renate; 06-22-2024 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:54 AM   #9
DanyDanman

How helpful you are, I am expecting my device next week.
Sorry for the false news. Did not expect an reply this fast.

One thing the boox go 10.3 does not have an sdcard.
Does that pose problems?
Old 06-22-2024, 11:58 AM   #10
DanyDanman

Btw if this will work and I have no doubt it will. It's going to be a live saver for third party support as I already have found a guide how to fix that for apps. Support for that depends on the app.
Old 06-22-2024, 11:59 AM   #11
DanyDanman

This is its cpu information. I know every detail counts
Old 06-22-2024, 12:08 PM   #12
DanyDanman

Old 06-22-2024, 12:09 PM   #13
DanyDanman

This is the image link https://imgur.com/a/4Mt5TnA

Sorry for the triple post
Old 06-22-2024, 12:24 PM   #14
Renate
Wizard

So, even though you got me all revved up and ruined my Saturday, I'll forgive you.

Yup, that's the same processor as the GoColor7.
We'll have to see if we can find a better Firehose loader or I'll have to patch the other one.

Still, I try to have fun writing new utilities:
Code:
C:\>csdview csd-gocolor7.bin
Manufacturer: 0x32 Phison
Version:      5.1
Data size:    122142720 blocks, 58.2 GB
Boot size:    8192 blocks, 4.0 MB
RPMB size:    8192 blocks, 4.0 MB
Cache size:   1536 blocks

Last edited by Renate; 06-22-2024 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 02:31 PM   #15
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The front light is primarily important if you use the device to read books in the evening. This seems like a device you're meant to bring around and that will be with you during office hours, where you'll have some source of light around. So long as the battery drain on Wifi is acceptable (press X for doubt) I think that trade-off makes sense especially with such a thin device that starts to actually resemble a thin notebook.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote